Flashing Problem

Moderator: AdminGroup

lancer27

Flashing Problem

Postby lancer27 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 20:55

Hi, I recently bought IndiaFoxtEcho's F-35 for MSFS and noticed that the throttle doesn't work with the aircraft (the flight control surfaces work just fine though). I have a Gladiator MKII. To determine if there was something wrong with the stick, I tried it out in other airplanes...it worked fine as usual. I then figured that since the F-35 is one of the most complex aircraft made for MSFS to date, that I may want to update the Gladiator (since the last time I did so was in 2019). I downloaded the latest zBootloader, cfg and the update file v2_09_0-xt. I think I messed something up in the flashing process because all was going well until I got to the part when you need to press the bootloader button while in the CFG, I pressed it and got a message that said Bootloader exe not found, I need to open it manually. I did and I got a message that said the device is not ready. The stick now has no red light when plugged in. I tried doing the process over but when I do I get another error message that says: error read CPUID. The stick remains in a no-light-on state. I am pretty sure I must of done something wrong during the flashing process. Any help and or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

fallout9

Re: Flashing Problem

Postby fallout9 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 21:06

Make sure both VKBDevCfg and zBootloader are in the same folder. Also, that you're flashing the right file, which is _Gladiator_KG12_v2_09_0.vkb.
Run VKBDevCfg as Admin and kill everything like Aorus, Razer, Logitech, Corsair, or any other LED management software running in the background.

lancer27

Re: Flashing Problem

Postby lancer27 » Sun Jan 16, 2022 19:38

Hi, I did everything you said and had great success! Turns out I did not have the bootloader exe in the same file as the cfg. Everything works like a dream and the light on the stick is back on like normal. I later tried the stick in MSFS with IndiaFoxtEcho T-45 and had no success with the throttle, although moving the flight control surfaces work just fine. I decided to test the stick for throttle functionality in MSFS "stock" aircraft and fired up the C-152. All works just fine, even the throttle. So, I decided to see if any other people may of been having the same problem too, and check in the MSFS forums and....low and behold, it seems that the latest Sim Update, SU7 broke a lot of the XML for most if not all of the third party aircraft, which is explaining why all the "stock aircraft" that I tested worked just fine and how all the third party aircraft had throttle problems. So, it looks like I am relegated to just using Asobo aircraft for now, until Microsoft or the third party companies issue updates to the Sim, or updates to their aircraft. Well, anyways thanks for all your help, I got my stick back in working order and I am happy.

Return to “Technical Support”