VKB Gladiator Twist Axis + Buttons not responding

Moderator: AdminGroup

El_Duderino1911

VKB Gladiator Twist Axis + Buttons not responding

Postby El_Duderino1911 » Thu Jan 13, 2022 15:36

Hi there,

I bought myself 2 VKB Gladiator NXT Premiums, the right one is working properly (and I love it), the left one however ist not. Neither the buttons, nor the twist axis are responding in the JoyTester-Tool.
Sliders/Buttons on the base and X+Y axes are working though.

When assembling, I accidentally pulled out the yellow cable from the connector and I thought that I broke the connection between the two.
VKB Support quickly helped me out (thanks a lot!) and sent me a replacement cable, which I just installed with their YouTube guide - and I still get the same problem. So now I feel like the cable might be fine and something else isn't.

But I have no clue what it could be, I tried removing the pcb with the connector and the power support on it and put it back in place, no luck.

Does anyone have an idea on what I might be doing wrong here?

fallout9

Re: VKB Gladiator Twist Axis + Buttons not responding

Postby fallout9 » Thu Jan 13, 2022 22:17

It's 100% a connection issue. Check again the cable inside the grip. If everything is fine you could go further and swap the 2 grips, see what combination of grip/base works. Be very careful with the wires though, so they won't get caught when seating the grips on the bases.

garethky

Postby garethky » Thu Jan 27, 2022 8:35

I have the same problem. I just got my 2 joysticks this afternoon and the left one is not working. The stick is not powering on, no LEDs light up on the stick, non of the axes report data, buttons don't work etc. In config app is shows as below:

Left Stick Not Working.PNG

I tested continuity with a volt meter, all 3 wires have continuity board to board. Also when the joystick powered is on, I get 3.3v across the supply/ground from the pads on the PCB inside the stick. So its not the connector, its something else.

garethky

Postby garethky » Thu Jan 27, 2022 8:56

(sorry for the double post)

The left stick works in the right base. The right stick does not work in the left base. So now the suspect component is the left base. Is this some sort of software configuration I need to fix?

garethky

Postby garethky » Thu Jan 27, 2022 9:01

Last update: In VKB Device Config I used the "Default" button in the tools tab on the left base and the stick started working. :mrgreen:

When the device came back its name changed from "VKBsim Gladiator NXT XT v2.080" to "VKBsim Gladiator NXT L XT v2.080"

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Thu Jan 27, 2022 10:51

On both joysticks press Default, then Find&AutoConfig (under Global/External/ExternalDevices). Calibrate all axes afterwards.

Toast_Recon

Postby Toast_Recon » Sun Feb 13, 2022 1:01

I'm having the same problem as the original poster in this thread.

I hit the Default button in the Tools tab, but don't see the AutoConfig in Global>External>External Devices.

Did that autoconfig button move somewhere else?

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Sun Feb 13, 2022 2:09

Take a screenshot in VKBDevCfg and post it here, uncropped.

Return to “Technical Support”