VKB t-rudder pedals are getting worse and not nice to use at the moment

Moderator: AdminGroup

conure86

VKB t-rudder pedals are getting worse and not nice to use at the moment

Postby conure86 » Tue Jan 11, 2022 13:09

Hey guys,

First off thanks for helping me with issues I've had in the past - solutions have always worked.

Unfortunately my T-Rudder pedals have got to the point they're particularly unpleasant to use. They click and creak through the left axis with a physical feeling of a 'detent'. It used to be sporadic but now its consistent. I've tried loosening and tightening up all the bolts etc, played with the tensioner and no luck at all. The suspect the feeling/noise is coming from deep inside, which I don't seem able to access. I've attached a video - I hope someone can help me, as I've stopped using them for the time being as I'm concerned about using them given something is likely clicking/grinding the wrong way!

They're pretty new - I think maybe two/three months old.

Thanks

https://drive.google.com/file/d/109r8nN ... sp=sharing

conure86

Re: VKB t-rudder pedals are getting worse and not nice to use at the moment

Postby conure86 » Tue Jan 11, 2022 16:53

Here's an image I just took inside. I'm not 100%, but I'm guessing the sound/grinding is the spring rubbing on the tensioner? This doesn't look right to me, the spring looks bent and the tension, no matter how much I tighten the base of it, moves to the left.

https://imgur.com/a/U4PixsA

conure86

Postby conure86 » Tue Jan 11, 2022 17:45

So I've figured it out and unfortunately it looks as though the pedals hadn't been built quite right, which led to the grinding sound. I've reseated everything and the grinding sound is gone (because the spring no longer rubs the tensioner). The problem is that the spring feels loose compared to before, I believe in attempting to figure out how the pedals worked to fix them, I may have stretched the spring, reducing the tension. Would it be at all possible to purchase another one from you guys please?

Edit: Actually, I've simply used the 'High' setting for the spring rather than norm which alleviates what feels like a lighter spring (probably in my head). I much prefer the high tension anyway.

Also, I just wanted to say - after opening the pedals and seeing the components you use, it has only made me like VKB even more. The construction, quality and engineering is incredible. I won't purchase anything but VKB again. Thanks.

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Tue Jan 11, 2022 23:21

Glad to see you've been able to fix it, congrats! And, of course, many thanks for the kind words :)

Return to “Technical Support”