PLEASE HELP, FSM does not show up in config when attached to THQ+SEM

Moderator: AdminGroup

oktobrlabs

PLEASE HELP, FSM does not show up in config when attached to THQ+SEM

Postby oktobrlabs » Sun Jan 09, 2022 21:02

This is a brand new setup I just received, from VKB.

FSM does not show up in config when attached to my THQ+SEM.

SEM HID upgrade(I go from this to my computer)
THQ is stock(Connected to the SEM via JST)
FSM HID upgrade(connects to the THQ using the USB-c module to module cord) or direct to my PC

FSM by itself can be seen in config as a stand alone when connected directly to a USB port. But, if I connect the FSM to the THQ+SEM, it does not show up in config nor are any lights on it. The SEM has a HID and is attached to the THG via JST. I am going from the SEM+THQ direct to a USB port. And all three work, and show up in config once only if I connect the FSM directly to a USB port. I have tried to put a regular BUS card into the FSM and not use the second HID and connect directly to the THQ but it still doesn't work.

Any help would greatly be appreciated.

fallout9

Re: PLEASE HELP, FSM does not show up in config when attached to THQ+SEM

Postby fallout9 » Sun Jan 09, 2022 21:12

You can't have 2 devices running on GNX HID controllers connected together. Swap the controller from the FSM-GA module with its original bus board and connect it to the THQ by the Type-C to Type-C cable. Plug the SEM to USB, run VKBDevCfg, press Default button, then Find&AutoConfig button under Global/External/ExternalDevices. Calibrate.
Attachments
d0e24b03f9b65910584d944e7de63694.jpg

oktobrlabs

Re: PLEASE HELP, FSM does not show up in config when attached to THQ+SEM

Postby oktobrlabs » Sun Jan 09, 2022 22:36

Thank you kind sir, I had tried that before and forgot the critical last step of rediscovery and calibrating. Thank you again All is working like a charm.

Return to “Technical Support”