Gladiator Pro XT twist and pinkie problems

Moderator: AdminGroup

drKorf

Gladiator Pro XT twist and pinkie problems

Postby drKorf » Sun Jan 09, 2022 9:38

I bought a Gladiator Pro a while ago and only now am starting to use it. I just successfully updated the firmware. The VKBDevCfg-C.exe application reads this as "VKBsim Gladiator Pro XT v2.090". I have two problems.

(1) Axis X, Axis Y, and Axis Z work fine, but nothing registers when twisting. I've tried calibrating and using defaults.

(2) The pinky switch doesn't register. All of the other buttons work.

Ron61

Re: Gladiator Pro XT twist and pinkie problems

Postby Ron61 » Sun Jan 09, 2022 12:52

Before calibration, you need to reset the settings to Default (button in the configurator) and reconfigure the device by clicking the Find & Auto Config button in the Global-External tab.

drKorf

Postby drKorf » Sun Jan 09, 2022 21:15

Thanks. I hit the Default button and now I'm looking at the Global External tabs. Not seeing any Find & Auto Config button.
Attachments
Capture.PNG

Ron61

Postby Ron61 » Sun Jan 09, 2022 21:43

Sorry, there was an inattentional mistake - I thought you had a GNXT. Only for him there is such a function. :(
If you have a Gladiator Pro (it has metal mechanics and there is no twist axis on the grips), then the Pinky button is configured as a subshift and works in tandem with the Mode button on the base. Only affects the operation of the fire button.
Please attach a screenshot of the Profile-Buttons tab.

drKorf

Postby drKorf » Sun Jan 09, 2022 21:51

My grip twists for certain. I could make a video of it and show me twisting it. I hope the screenshots I've attached are the ones you want.
Attachments
logical.PNG
physical.PNG

Ron61

Postby Ron61 » Sun Jan 09, 2022 22:12

In this case, you are using the wrong firmware - the twist axis is disabled in it.
There are two ways, but it's better to flash the firmware for a simple KG12 grip, without the letters Pro in the name.
And then reset and calibrate all available axes.

drKorf

Postby drKorf » Sun Jan 09, 2022 22:33

Working!

I changed the firmware to KG12 and clicked the Default button. The twist axis worked, but after calibration, it didn't. Ah, that's because the Rot X axis was not set by default. After turning on all axes, I was able to calibrate everything. Thanks so much for your help.

Return to “Technical Support”