Gladiator NXT Premium: Ministick stuck/defaults to analog mode, and other strange behavior

Moderator: AdminGroup

FuriousGeorge

Gladiator NXT Premium: Ministick stuck/defaults to analog mode, and other strange behavior

Postby FuriousGeorge » Sat Jan 08, 2022 11:20

I have dual NXT Premiums, and the ministicks are behaving very strangely.

At first, I noticed the LED was always on on the left stick, and the ministick could not be switched to analog mode. Even when rebooting the computer, pressing the center button would not activate POV mode.

I installed the VKBDevConfig software, updated the firware to latest for both, and for a brief moment, the situation switched: the problem moved to the right stick. On several occasions, I was able to get the ministick working simultaneously in analog and digital mode. However, on both occasions these events occurred seemingly at random, and since those were not my end goals, I kept troubleshooting and cannot recall how to reproduce the situation.

I can report that switching the setting in Profile -> POV for the button behavior from "on/off" to "always" causes the left stick to come back as the right stick, and stop responding in button test mode. In order to see its inputs, I then have to switch over to the right stick, and select the "other right stick" from the drop down that now appears in the button testing window. However, now the ministick will not work in either analog or digital mode.

Reverting to "on/off" mode does not fix the problem at this point. I have to reset the device back to defaults, at which point the LED is always on, and the ministick is always analog, again.

The right stick now has the same problem, and experiences a similar result when attempting to change the mode from "on/off" to "always on". The one difference is that it does not suddenly "become the left stick" when changing this setting. However, this (right) ministick was working normally before I attempted to troubleshoot the left ministick, and only began to malfunction when the left ministick began briefly working normally.

Thanks in advance.

fallout9

Re: Gladiator NXT Premium: Ministick stuck/defaults to analog mode, and other strange behavior

Postby fallout9 » Sat Jan 08, 2022 20:33

Press the Default button, then navigate to Global/External/External Devices and click the Find&AutoConfig button. Calibrate.

Return to “Technical Support”