Elite Dangerous not reading NXT Module input

Moderator: AdminGroup

m.smallwood

Elite Dangerous not reading NXT Module input

Postby m.smallwood » Sat Jan 08, 2022 4:17

I got my NXT SEM and THQ the other day and after assembling, I went into Elite Dangerous to bind everything and none of the inputs were getting picked up. I would go to assign a function to a button, and when I pressed the button, Elite didn't indicate that anything was pressed. All the buttons on my Gladiator NXT register just fine, and interestingly enough the throttle axis on the THQ also registered. But none of the buttons of the two modules. And I know it's not a general software issue because I was able to bind everything in Star Citizen no problem. (Also currently running the current firmware also.) Anyone know how to address this? Thank you.

fallout9

Re: Elite Dangerous not reading NXT Module input

Postby fallout9 » Sat Jan 08, 2022 5:40

That's because the Gladiator's buttons fit within 32 buttons, which is, for some reason, the max limit for buttons per device in E:D. The rest of the buttons are ignored by the game. You could either do this to split your device in 2 virtual devices or map the 33 button and higher to keyboard like here. Either way would work to have the device fully recognized in game.

m.smallwood

Re: Elite Dangerous not reading NXT Module input

Postby m.smallwood » Sat Jan 08, 2022 6:40

The Virtual Devices worked like a charm! And super easy to do. Thank you so much for the help.

Return to “Technical Support”