T-Link Accu not working

Moderator: AdminGroup

dangerzone

T-Link Accu not working

Postby dangerzone » Wed Jan 05, 2022 9:41

Hi,

I'm wanting to setup T-Link so that I have my toe brakes work based on a analog axis when braking.

When I open T-link and VKB Joytester - I can see that all is working as expected if I hold down the TEST button for the Brakes and push right or left. I can see the results on rY and rZ.

However when I hold down the ACCU Test button and push right or left - I get no response on either rY or rZ axis.

I have launched VKBDev-CFG-C.exe and reset the rudder pedals. I have also updated T-Rudder pedals to the latest firmware v2_09_.ovkb.

I have tried calibrating in the AUX section of T-Link. What I notice is that it's stuck on 'right' and 0.0 regardless of where I press the pedals. (Although in VKB_Joytester it shows the axis moving correctly).

Just wondering what I have missed?

Thanks & Regards

DZ

dangerzone

Re: T-Link Accu not working

Postby dangerzone » Mon Jan 17, 2022 0:54

Haven't received a response on this yet. Just wondering if I'm mistaken on it's feature.

Basically I'm wanting the toe brakes to operate releative to the amount of braking I'm doing (using a analog axis).

My understanding was that the T-Link should allow this using the ACCU side, and not the button side - but I have been unable to get this to work per the original post.

Is this not possible with T-Link? Does the differential braking only work with a digital breaking on/off button and then the inputs - or is it possible to implement so that I can use toe braking while using an analog axis as the trigger for the braking too?

Thanks

DZ

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Mon Jan 17, 2022 5:29

Try following this guide.

dangerzone

Postby dangerzone » Mon Jan 17, 2022 6:05

Hi Fallout9,

Thanks. But that guide only deals with the 'left side' of the brakes (using a button for the brakes), and not the right side (the 'accu', or using a slider/analog axis for the brakes).

Does VKB no longer support ACCU / Analog axis with toe braking?

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:04

I don't understand what you mean by left and right side of the brakes, sorry. What grip do you have, MCG Pro or U?

dangerzone

Postby dangerzone » Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:37

Hi,

And thanks for your reply. I was meaning this section:

accu.jpg

I thought this would work on analogue instead of digital button allowing for partial braking.

I'm wanting to have gradual braking available - not just an 'on/off' switch for braking. At present braking will be at maximum in one of the wheels regardless of what I do. Using T-Link only reduces one side. I'm wanting braking to be gradual.

As an example - is it possible for me to achieve the following braking result: (where the left is braking at approx 55% and the right side at 15%).

Note: This image has been photoshopped to give the result I'm looking for:
desiredresult.jpg

I thought I could do this by binding an AXIS instead of a BUTTON to the brakes, but so far I've only been able to have T-Link brakes either 'on' or 'off', and not at part way like the above attachment.

I have a VKB Modern Combat Grip, and I'm wanting to use the paddle axis to control the amount of braking please.

dangerzone

Postby dangerzone » Tue Feb 22, 2022 0:27

From all my research, I've come to the conclusion that T-Link is incapable of supporting partial differential breaking. (ie, left brake at 25%, right brake at 25%), or even right brake at 0%, left brake at 50%. It appears as though one wheel will be 100% brake and can only be operated by a button, and not an axis.

I haven't tried joystick gremlin yet as I was hoping for a more 'native' solution with T-Link.

Just wondering if the developers can please consider implementing this as a feature in a future build?

Thanks

DZ

Return to “Technical Support”