Gladiator not “seen” by Elite Dangerous

Moderator: AdminGroup

CMDR Retyu Ranger

Gladiator not “seen” by Elite Dangerous

Postby CMDR Retyu Ranger » Mon Dec 27, 2021 6:02

o7! I had been using a saitek X55 Hotas for years. But I saw the gladiator and the Virpil mongoose cm 3 throttle and had to upgrade. Here is the problem. I did everything I was supposed to for both the new stick and throttle, calibrated, etc. plugged them in, calibrated. Restarted. Launched Elite. Windows 10 sees both of them. Steam sees both of them. Elite does not recognize either of them. No option for either one in the controller menu. Nothing. I’ve tried everything short of blowing out WIN 10 and doing a cold install!! I have no idea why elite does not see either the stick or throttle when both steam and win10 does. Launching elite without steam didn’t work.

Help!!
Last edited by CMDR Retyu Ranger on Mon Dec 27, 2021 17:56, edited 1 time in total.
o7!

Regards,

CMDR Retyu Ranger

CMDR Retyu Ranger

Re: Gladiator not “seen” by Elite Dangerous

Postby CMDR Retyu Ranger » Mon Dec 27, 2021 17:55

As an addendum…. The drivers for both are showing as win default drivers in win10. I have updated firmware for both stick and throttle, calibrated. Restarted. Nothing. Not sure if I am missing the drivers for them? I do not see specific drivers for the gladiator or mongoose anywhere in the software for each. Just firmware update. Do I need new drivers? Where do I get them? I’m no rookie working with PC’s. Been building gaming rigs for years and using different sticks and throttles forever. So this issue is KILLING ME that I can’t figure it out!!!

Thanks everyone!!
o7!

Regards,

CMDR Retyu Ranger

rtrski

Re: Gladiator not “seen” by Elite Dangerous

Postby rtrski » Mon Dec 27, 2021 20:29

Is this Odyssey, or Horizons?
When you look at the Controls page with the 4 tiles for general, ship, SRV, on-foot (I'm referring to Odyssey) do they say "Custom" on them? If not, when you dive into one there should be a dropdown list near top toward the right. If that's just on something like Keyboard you might not register Joy presses when trying to map controls.

I don't know what you mean when you say both items are on "Generic Windows Drivers". You didn't calibrate them using Windows, did you? The VKB hardware should I believe calibrate using VKBDevCfg. You also mention a Gladiator but can you be more specific as to the model? e.g. is this the newer Gladiator NXT with the space (Kosmosima) based grip, and if so I assume right handed as you also mentioned a throttle?
RH VKB GF Mk III + Modern Combat Grip *ULTIMATE* (12/17 GFII , upgraded), _powered_ deploy!
LH VKB GF Mk III + Kosmosima Prem (02/19 GFII, upgraded), *lateral* mounted
Feet: Slaw Viper RX Pedals [Sorry, VKB, too gorgeous]

Return to “Technical Support”