Boolean function after a flash?

Moderator: AdminGroup

Drano

Boolean function after a flash?

Postby Drano » Thu Dec 23, 2021 20:20

Had an odd issue crop up after flashing my GF/MCGPro to the latest FW the other day. I'm on 92.21 config and updated to FW 2.09XT. Flash went normally using the latest bootloader but when the stick re-started I immediately had odd crap happening on the desktop. A test revealed the stick was constantly typing out R and B. I had to unplug the black box to stop it. That happened to be the commands I had mapped to buttons 1 and 2. Checking the profile with polling showed those two buttons pressed and held. This wasn't how the profile was set. They were simple momentary button presses. Hovering over the cells showed them as a boolean function. I'd never set up any of those and didn't even notice the boolean tab in the configurator! I looked in the latest version of the manual (EN) I had and saw no mention of this tab or images of what I see there. So I dove in and tried to figure it out.

I tried resetting (shorted the pins) and re-flashing the black box. Same thing happened. I tried again and rolled back the FW, same thing. Rolled back config, same thing. Tried a different profile--problem gone. No boolean. Loaded the first profile--boolean back. It's typing R and B again. Unplugged. Changed button 1 and 2 to no function, saved and loaded that and while the typing stopped, the buttons both still showed as pressed and held and part of a boolean. But at least now I can dig into it without it typing over everything. I check out the boolean tab and turned off those functions there. I put the momentary button press and keyboard commands back, saved and loaded the profile. Problem solved. It seems the only profile affected by this was the one I had currently loaded to the stick when I flashed it.

I'm just reporting that this had happened. I have no idea where it came from. I'd been using the stick immediately prior to updating it without issue and as I said, had no idea there even was a boolean tab in the configurator. I don't know if it's some sort of bug or what, just passing it along. At any rate it would be great to get a better explanation of the boolean tab in the configurator in the next update of the manual.
Gunfighter MkI w/MkIII update + MCG-Pro Grip
Avia S Cams
2x #30A Springs
FW:v2.13F
Devconfig: v92.78
Zbootloader: v2.01

Asus Strix X570-E Gaming
Ryzen9 5800X3D
Asus Strix 3080 12GB
32GB Corsair Vengeance PC3600
EVGA G6 1000W
Reverb G2V2