1 - Device model and version
Gladiator NXT with L SCG
SEM/FSM GA with GNX-HID controller

2 - Controller Firmware version
tested with Gladiator NXT, firmware 2.03.9, 2.07.3, 2.08.0, 2.08.8. 2.09
tested with SEM/FSM GA with GNX-HID default firmware 2.8.1, 2.08.8

5 - If VKB original software is used, please always mention its version
Tested with v0.92.17 & v0.92.21 VKDevCfg

I had just received my SEM & FSM GA with the GNX HID usb module that I installed. All was working great.
I configured boolean operations on several physical buttons with AND operations (a basic button X AND button Y triggers Virtual Button Z.
This was with default firmware which I think was 2.8.1
Everything was working great.

then I made the mistake of upgrading to the latest 2.9, and... well, all the boolean operations failed at that point.

I then turned to the gladiator NXT I had to test further, since I could get a wide variety of firmwares for that device from the official sites, and tested a range of firmwares with simple boolean button operations. In this case, I was able to narrow it down to firmware versions 2.8.8 and 2.9 that failed, while firmware 2.8.0 and earlier were fine.

Short version is, on the gladiator, like with the SEM module, earlier firmwares, 2.8 and earlier worked, while 2.8.8 and later caused all configured boolean button operations to no longer trigger.

With the gladiator NXT it's easy to roll back to earlier working firmware, but frustratingly, I can't find any firmware earlier than 2.8.8 for the GNX-HID module for the SEM.
If anyone can point me to an earlier firmware till this gets fixed, I'd be grateful! The boolean operations enabled me to customise the device to personal perfection!

Ron61

Re: Bug report: Boolen operations broken since firmware 2.08.8

Postby Ron61 » Fri Dec 17, 2021 12:41

For the GNX, after the firmware, you need to press the Find & Autoconfig button in External for the correct configuration of the logical buttons. This is due to the correct settings of the modules. Don't forget this.

Quirkz

Postby Quirkz » Sat Dec 18, 2021 0:20

yeah! thanks for the advice, I've definitely done the find & autoconf (after some fumbles) as I worked through the firmwares and tests.

The good news is that I managed to find a copy of the 2.8.5 firmware for the GNX usb HIDmain module from alex oz's archive - and that downgrade *fixed* the issue for me, so I'm quite fine.
It also narrows down the point where the boolean bug was introduced to somewhere after 2.8.5 and before 2.8.8.

Hopefully this also helps others who may be facing a similar problem until it's fixed in later firmwares. Because the boolean logic is just so powerful and useful for customising the external modules, and I'm very happy with them despite the hours I had to spend debugging what broke!

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Sat Dec 18, 2021 0:47

Thanks for the report Quirkz, we'll inform the developer. Hopefully the issue will get fixed soon.

Quirkz

Postby Quirkz » Sat Jan 08, 2022 3:23

I've installed the latest 2.09.6 to my gunfighter, and the boolean operations are working. I've not tested the gladiator or SEM here I originally replicated the issue, but I'm assuming it's likely resolved there too. Thanks to the dev!

ControlSoft

Postby ControlSoft » Sat Jan 15, 2022 23:41

Just got my MCGU-Twist one week ago and my first VKB product.
I could not get Boolean's to work at all, using fw 2.09.0.
Then I see this post, uploaded 2.09.8 (beta?), then Boolean in separate Tab works :-) but still not Boolean for Buttons.
Using 2.085 is the latest I can get my Boolean's to works both in Tab and for Buttons.

Quirkz

Postby Quirkz » Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:10

I'd noticed this too, but thought nothing of it, since I'd switched to using the beoolean tab instead of the button panel. I find it's much more powerful and makes more sense when you're doing things like mapping multiple functions to a button based on other buttons (such as toggle sequences)

Glad my bug report helped you find a working firmware - makes the time I spent worth it!

morgium

Postby morgium » Sun Jan 23, 2022 19:58

Yup, here too.
I used the very helpful Profiles Alex has provided: https://forum.il2sturmovik.ru/topic/138 ... %BB%D0%B8/

Ill try the suggestions now.

Crosius

Postby Crosius » Sun Feb 06, 2022 0:51

I have a Gladiator NXT and with the 2.09 Firmware installed the boolean functions only pay attention to the bottom-most input.

So for example, NOT works normally, But 2-OR only results in TRUE if the bottom input is TRUE and it ignores the status of the top input.

The RT and RS triggers seem to work correctly so if you can build your boolean circuit out of just NOT, RT and RS blocks you can still use booleans with 2.09

Working backwards the most recent firmware I could install where all the booleans worked correctly is v2.085

Return to “Technical Support”