SEM Buttons and Landing gear Configuration for Star Citizen

Moderator: AdminGroup

bravoleader

SEM Buttons and Landing gear Configuration for Star Citizen

Postby bravoleader » Thu Dec 02, 2021 16:58

Hello,
I'm trying to configure the SEM buttons and LEDs so that I can have a better experience in Star Citizen but I have encountered a couple of issues

1) Landing Gear
Unfortunately, SC does not have a button to setup for LG up and LG Down. I think it is one of the few settings that does only have the "toggle" option.
I have set my LG on the SEM with 2 detents only (all correctly configured thanks to your awesome videos). Currently, the UP position is on button 22 and the down is on button 24.
I need a way to configure these 2 buttons to be the "same" button when pressed so that SC recognizes it as a kind of a toggle if you know what I mean.

2) Rest of the LEDs
I have set A1, A2, B1, B2, B3 as ButAlt with some of them being ON and some being OFF by default and having set the correct colour for the LEDs in their starting position.
Currently A1 is RED, A2 is Green, B1, B2, B3 are RED.
Is it possible to set the START button so that when it is pressed, the color on the B1, B2, B3 goes green without the buttons (b1 b2 b3) to actually send any button press but just changing the color?

I hope I explained what I need. Thanks for any help

fallout9

Re: SEM Buttons and Landing gear Configuration for Star Citizen

Postby fallout9 » Thu Dec 02, 2021 21:35

About the Landing Gear question: run VKBDevCfg and make sure the Landing Gear on your SEM is properly set up for the 2 detents block.
Navigate to Profile/Button/Physical Buttons and check the Poll box on the right side.
Operate the Landing Gear lever on the SEM and remember the 2 cells on the charts lighting up. Click mouse on the first one and set it up Generator G1 with Value 1 and Multiplier 1x (photo1). Close the window, move the Landing Gear lever on the other position and click on the cell.
In the new window click on the logical representation of that button to extend the window and set the But1 to the same button number as the other one. Then set it as Generator G1 too and close. Click Set to save.

For the LEDs question, just find the buttons numbers for the Start button and B1, B2, B3 on Profile/Buttons/Physical layer chart, then go to Global/External/LEDs, look for the B1, B2, B3 buttons numbers and replace them all 3 with the button number of the Start button, changing also the Event to P-Alternate function. Don't forget to press Set to save the changes.
You can experiment with the settings yourself and if something goes wrong just reset to Default and hit the Find&AutoConfig button.

Screenshot 2021-12-02 102028.png

Screenshot 2021-12-02 102058.png

bravoleader

Postby bravoleader » Fri Dec 03, 2021 1:43

Hi Fallout.
Thanks a lot for your reply. Your solution works perfectly for the landing gear. that is really awesome thanks a lot.

Regarding the leds though what happens is that the b1 b2 b3 are driven by the start button but then if I click on them individually they do not change colour.
I then added 3 lines in the same led window addressing the three leds and I'm able to have them going red when I have them green but if they are red they don't go green.
Is there any change to have some logic that says, if red go green and vice veesa?

CMDR_VarthCorrel

Postby CMDR_VarthCorrel » Thu Jan 13, 2022 1:56

fallout9 wrote:About the Landing Gear question: run VKBDevCfg and make sure the Landing Gear on your SEM is properly set up for the 2 detents block.
Navigate to Profile/Button/Physical Buttons and check the Poll box on the right side.
Operate the Landing Gear lever on the SEM and remember the 2 cells on the charts lighting up. Click mouse on the first one and set it up Generator G1 with Value 1 and Multiplier 1x (photo1). Close the window, move the Landing Gear lever on the other position and click on the cell.
In the new window click on the logical representation of that button to extend the window and set the But1 to the same button number as the other one. Then set it as Generator G1 too and close. Click Set to save.

Screenshot 2021-12-02 102028.png

Screenshot 2021-12-02 102058.png

I tried these instructions to set up my throttle toggle as described, but I have an issue where the button flashes many times very quickly in the game when the lever is activated into a new position. I have tried to set it up a few times, each time making sure to follow the images you provided exactly. I don't know why it isn't working. However, I just noticed that in my software the button cell within the "button mapping wizard" has its text colored as red, whereas in your images it is black. When I hover over the text a yellow box appears and there is red text that reads "exceeds permitted HID button (32)."

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Thu Jan 13, 2022 2:19

Post 2 screenshots please: Global/Common and Profile/Buttons/Physical Layer.

CMDR_VarthCorrel

Postby CMDR_VarthCorrel » Thu Jan 13, 2022 3:16

Here are the screenshots.
Attachments
Screenshot 2022-01-12 191437.png
Screenshot 2022-01-12 191514.png

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Thu Jan 13, 2022 4:33

That 0x Pulse is a software glitch and unfortunately shows in my charts too. Change the Value and Multiplier settings a few times until it works, it should show 1x Pulses, like the other one. Try in tester, don't run the game to see if works.
The 32 button thingie it pops up because you set up a 32 buttons limitation per virtual device, probably an E:D player :) Don't worry about it.

CMDR_VarthCorrel

Postby CMDR_VarthCorrel » Thu Jan 13, 2022 7:12

That worked! Yes, it seems when you change it to Generator the Value is already set to "1," but the software doesn't recognize it as set to that until you manually set it. Thanks for the help!

Return to “Technical Support”