Unable to use folding trigger as Shift?

Moderator: AdminGroup

Zeeflyboy

Unable to use folding trigger as Shift?

Postby Zeeflyboy » Sun Nov 28, 2021 1:24

Just wondering if someone can point out if I'm doing something wrong... I've followed and (or so I thought) understood the youtube tutorial on setting up shift, but no joy.

I have a new Gunfighter MCG Ultimate (no twist) and have upgraded to v2.0088 firmware using VKB device Config v0.92.17

I would like to use the forward position of the folding trigger as a shift toggle, but I seem unable to do so. I have calibrated making sure to include the trigger as I have seen it mentioned it's actually an axis, and when I go to action -> test -> Buttons / POVs I can see button 35 light up when I flick the trigger forward.

If I then go over to Profile -> Buttons -> physical layer and then activate polling, seemingly every button (including pulling the folding trigger back) activates the corresponding indicator light EXCEPT for pushing the trigger forward where no indication can be seen. I can follow the tutorial and set up button 35 (Reg#5 Line 3) as shift, and while it's not how I want it to work if I "track as button" it shows as activating on a forward trigger position as you would expect. I have made sure to hit "set" to make sure settings are written, but it simply will not activate shift function however or show as working in profile -> buttons...

I have tried resetting to default and recalibrating, to no avail.

Am I doing something wrong, or is the one button I want to use as shift toggle really the only one I can't use?

Cheers for any help

redvapor

Re: Unable to use folding trigger as Shift?

Postby redvapor » Tue Mar 22, 2022 20:49

Not sure if you ever found a solution to this, I am attempting to do the same!

redvapor

Postby redvapor » Tue Mar 22, 2022 22:22

So I watched this video...
https://youtu.be/BBQadRNHeDo

Which lays out how the folding trigger is actually an axis. I imagine using it as a physical button is not supported due to the fact it is already a logical button of some sort... being an axis in all. If this isn't true feel free to let me know.

k1ebe

Postby k1ebe » Wed Mar 23, 2022 0:05

You can use a boolean function to forward the virtual button from the folding trigger to a physical button so that you can use it for Shift.
To do this you should be on a fairly recent version of both the software and the firmware, not bleeding edge, but not several years old.

I'm working off memory here, so I apologize if the wording is off or inaccurate in places.

First you need to set up the boolean function.
On the profile tab, go to the Boolean tab next to the POVs tab.
In the Boolean tab, click on one of the rectangles and choose "NOT" from the drop down menu. Then on the left side we choose the layer. Either virtual or logical (I can't remember what the trigger button you're after is). If one doesn't work, try the other. Then choose the button number, for you 35.

Now on the right side, choose Physical and what ever button number you want, let's use 97. After that, press OK.

What this does is to forwards your virtual button 35 to the physical button 97. And we can now set physical button 97 to Shift. So go to the Physical tab and set this button to S1 with what ever other parameters you want.
Save the config to your device and make sure your trigger is calibrated properly.

Good luck!

Return to “Technical Support”