NXT Premium + THQ - saving calibration causes THQ to dissappear

Moderator: AdminGroup

Nadis

NXT Premium + THQ - saving calibration causes THQ to dissappear

Postby Nadis » Sun Nov 28, 2021 0:40

Hello VKB support staff, and good afternoon.

My issue is a minor one, but one I would still like to resolve regardless. As stated in the subject, I recently purchased a Gladiator NXT Premium along with a THQ and have them connected. From the VKB Device Config app (v0.92.17) I ran the Calibration tool (Start Calibr), following along with one of the tutorial videos. I was able to successfully calibrate both devices, yet once I did the THQ was no longer connected. I was able to resolve this by clicking on the Default button, which I realize likely brings it back to a pre-calibrated state. I have been using them without issue since yesterday, yet I'm sure it will work better once calibrated... and I also assume that the alternating red and blue LED at the base of the Joystick is telling me to calibrate it.

I of course have updated the firmware to the current version as of yesterday (The THQ was not recognized before it was updated), and looked through both the YouTube videos and this forum for answers before taking the time to submit my query. While I found quite a few configuration videos, I did not see one for connecting and setting up the NXT & THQ... yet I was able to piece it together from other videos from each separate product. I also saw another article here where someone was having a very similar (if not the same) issue with a SEM and NXT. I attempted to follow the steps, but I do not have the same windows in my VKP Device Config... and I assume that is due to the specific hardware I have.

I assume that I've just overlooked something easy to resolve. Thanks in advance for your time.

fallout9

Re: NXT Premium + THQ - saving calibration causes THQ to dissappear

Postby fallout9 » Sun Nov 28, 2021 0:46

These are the steps that should be followed:
1. press Default button under Tools tab;
2. press Find&AutoConfig under Common/External/ExternalDevices tab;
3. calibrate.

I don't see you mentioned the Find&AutoConfig button, so getting through this step should fix your issue.

Nadis

Re: NXT Premium + THQ - saving calibration causes THQ to dissappear

Postby Nadis » Sun Nov 28, 2021 1:01

That did the trick, thanks for the amazingly fast response... and on a weekend to boot.

I was on the Profile tab at the bottom of the window and not on Global, not sure how I missed that but when I still didn't see what I was looking for based on your steps I decided to cycle through the tabs at the bottom. I had clicked through the tabs at the bottom based on the other response, but I had not clicked on the External tab from the Global window which is where I needed to be.

Return to “Technical Support”