Can't change LED?

Moderator: AdminGroup

Cloudless

Can't change LED?

Postby Cloudless » Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:46

Hi,

I got a SEM just the other day and for some reason only two of the landing lights go on when the switch is in gear down by default. So I was going to add a line to put it on. The light is number 19, added in line 13 in the screenshot:

LED Add Line.jpg

Once finished, I click "set" I get the error: "Write data fault, No new data!!!", and in the top right it says write fault also. My added line then vanishes. Am I doing something wrong? I get the same error when trying to set up a virtual controller (need it split to 2 to keep it under 32 buttons), except despite the error the change sticks in that case (two devices exist after clicking set).

fallout9

Re: Can't change LED?

Postby fallout9 » Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:10

Most probably you have only 2 LEDs because the button detents are not properly set.
For the virtual controllers, I would suggest to flash to the latest firmware/software. Then, make sure the device is selected in the device list (blue window at the top). Set #But to 32 and VC to 1 in Global/Common, press Set and it should work.

Cloudless

Re: Can't change LED?

Postby Cloudless » Fri Nov 26, 2021 17:42

Last edit: it was the firmware version. I downloaded it the 22nd, it was 2_08_5. That version didn't work right for some reason. 2_08_8 fixes the issues!

Return to “Technical Support”