Gladiator NXT Suddenly Not Recognized

Moderator: AdminGroup

SEALJosh

Gladiator NXT Suddenly Not Recognized

Postby SEALJosh » Wed Nov 24, 2021 5:29

I have a Gladiator NXT Premium right hand, and have had it about a year with no issues. I unplug it semi frequently to move out of the way. Today I plug it in and I get flashing red and blue lights at the base, and no lights at the top of the yoke. after a minute or so, it just flashes blue and Windows gives me a notification that the device is not recognized. I check Device Manager, which states "Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)" VKB Device Config will not show the controller. I have tried other USB ports, and other USB Cables. The plug feels strong, and jiggling the cable around does not change anything. Not quite sure what to make of this, but it seems to maybe be a hardware issue with the joystick itself. Looking for advice, I love this joystick and don't want anything to be wrong with it. Thanks.

fallout9

Re: Gladiator NXT Suddenly Not Recognized

Postby fallout9 » Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:14

Have you installed any new software since last time when the Gladiator was working? Try a safe boot and see if it works, or better, change the computer.

SEALJosh

Postby SEALJosh » Wed Nov 24, 2021 21:25

So no new software, or major updates since last okay. I plugged it into a computer that I use as a Plex server and the same thing happened. I have not tried safe mode, I'll give that a shot

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Wed Nov 24, 2021 21:47

If still no luck please fill up a service ticket.

SEALJosh

Postby SEALJosh » Wed Nov 24, 2021 23:12

No luck with safe mode, and tried yet another PC with the same behavior. I did not buy this from VKB directly. Is there anything else I can do for support?

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Wed Nov 24, 2021 23:18

Try writing to warranty@vkb-sim.pro

Ron61

Postby Ron61 » Wed Nov 24, 2021 23:25

Try switching to Boot mode. Launch the configurator, on the GNX disconnected from USB, hold down all three buttons on the F1, F2, F3 base, and without releasing them, connect the USB cable. Only then can the buttons be released. Has any VKB device appeared in the configurator?
If not, you can repeat the procedure, only instead of holding down the buttons, use a paperclip or tweezers to close the two Boot pins located next to the connector from the Y-axis sensor.

SEALJosh

Postby SEALJosh » Thu Nov 25, 2021 0:02

So I continually unplugged and plugged back in with a screw driver across the boot pins. I kept getting an error saying that windows does not recognize this device. the controller would show up in the configurator for a moment and disappear. But 1 thing changed, the light on the top of the yoke began to light. I then unplugged and plugged back in normally, and now it is showing up in the configurator and the lights are normal, but now it won't calibrate. A few times I started the calibration, and when I hit end, it went back to what it was doing before, but I was able to see in the configurator that it was showing buttons being spammed, and the axis were all going from one extreme to another, until I unplugged it and plugged it back in again. It seems to be okay now when I plug it in, but I cannot get it to calibrate. The last time I tried to calibrate, I started and ended, and nothing happened. It didn't go beserk like before, but it didn't calibrate either, as the axis's won't move in the configurator.

After I calibrate now, I get a Err-Stat Active in a box in the configurator
Attachments
Screenshot 2021-11-24 155009.png
The last time after calibration, trying to move axis's
Screenshot 2021-11-24 154957.png
After trying to calibrate
Screenshot 2021-11-24 154656.png
After trying to calibrate

Ron61

Postby Ron61 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 0:21

That's better. Try doing a hard reset as described here.
And don't use the firmware version higher than 2_085.
Error statistics activated - everything is correct.

SEALJosh

Postby SEALJosh » Thu Nov 25, 2021 19:21

So I was able to get it calibrated after several tries, and I flashed the firmware to 2_08_5, and did the hard reset. It will work normal for a few moments and then *Windows Sound* "Device not recognized" and the LED lights start flashing on the controller, and on the configurator, the Axis Z ROT Z and Slider 2 go to their extremes, and the button spamming as describes earlier. I unplug and plug back in and same thing, okay for a few moments, and then crazy town.

SEALJosh

Postby SEALJosh » Thu Nov 25, 2021 19:26

When it connects okay, it stays okay until I start to move any axis.
Attachments
Scr211125112512.jpg
This is from Joytester

Ron61

Postby Ron61 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 20:32

Looks like there are physical problems with the USB socket and/or a cable on the joystick. You can try an earlier firmware, try running it on another machine, laptop. Tests say nothing - you need to establish stable work first.

SEALJosh

Postby SEALJosh » Sun Nov 28, 2021 22:38

Latest Update: It seems to have reverted to the beginning, where every time I plug it in it flashes red and blue, I get the USB device not recognized, and the controller does not show up in configurator. I tested it with the stick unplugged, and got the same result. I further used a volt meter to check any of the points on the board that stat 3.3V and I had steady 3.3V anywhere I checked. I have an email dialogue with VKB support, and am waiting a response to what I just stated above.

Just wanted to also say thanks for all the help so far.

SEALJosh

Postby SEALJosh » Tue Dec 07, 2021 23:15

Wanted to post an update and say that I was shipped a new PCB board, and after replacement, my joystick is working again.

tanmaym

Postby tanmaym » Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:53

I am having same issue with my gladiator nxt premium R stick and started when I changed USB port. I actually added thrustmaster t1600m throttle and rudder with all 3 devices connected to my laptop on powered USB hub. Now my system giving "Device descriptor request failed". I tried with flashing latest firmware and have limited success. Now my system randomly give chime and lose the yoke and device again go unrecognized. I even removed other peripherals but still getting same error at least once a day or any time I add any USB device or remove USB cable from the yoke to laptop. This is getting frustrating now. Please suggest.

Return to “Technical Support”