THQ: Dual Engine Throttle calibration.

Moderator: AdminGroup

fallout9

Re: THQ: Dual Engine Throttle calibration.

Postby fallout9 » Tue Dec 07, 2021 2:08

The SEM issue is not an issue. The middle detent on the 3 detents block is not supposed to be the middle of the axis. Officially it’s either analog or digital, meaning if you have detents blocks installed you’re not supposed to activate the axis.

darkstar77

Postby darkstar77 » Tue Dec 07, 2021 5:11

Huh, okay, that's fair I guess. Just seems like it would make more sense for the middle detent to actually be in the middle of the axis; it would be nice. I might just design and 3D print a replacement with that in mind. Thanks for the clarification; appreciate it.

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Tue Dec 07, 2021 5:23

The problem with that specific axis is that there are lots of detents on it and they can't overlap (excluding the extremes), otherwise the buttons would get messed up. A programming issue :(

Hobo4ssassin

Postby Hobo4ssassin » Fri Jan 07, 2022 9:38

Ron61 wrote:You can try to slightly change the calibration procedure for 3 axes.
First, activate the ACn checkboxes in physical for these axes, write to the controller (Set).
And now, before calibration, you need to set the axles (levers) to the center position.
And only after that start the calibration.

I was having the same annoying issue; the left and center stick of the THQ were not even close to matching output in the middle of travel but matched at the extremes. I used this solution and now it is close enough that it no longer bothers me. Thank you.

Return to “Technical Support”