Firmware upgrade for Glad. Mk II and T-Rudder Pedals

Moderator: AdminGroup

dyd8x

Firmware upgrade for Glad. Mk II and T-Rudder Pedals

Postby dyd8x » Fri Oct 29, 2021 8:29

Hi there!

I bought an Mk II gladiator stick 2 years ago and I'd like to do a firmware upgrade. I have the zbootloader, the folder with the firmware versions, and the devconfig software. I'd like to check with you that for my joystick, the version I should be using is the gladiator_kg12_v2_07_01. I know how to do the upgrade based on a prior video.

For the pedals, I'd like to connect them to the joystick but also would like to have the option to connect them to the computer independently for cable management purposes.

Could anyone please provide me with a guide to upgrade the firmware on the pedals and the little box? Also what is the name of my little box, black box, orange box, tiny box, etc? The labeling for these products is never intuitive and always throws me off. Thanks for the help guys!

Cheers!

fallout9

Re: Firmware upgrade for Glad. Mk II and T-Rudder Pedals

Postby fallout9 » Fri Oct 29, 2021 8:49

Hi! The firmware file for the joystick you mentioned is right. Don't forget to click the Default button after flashing and then calibrate.
For the rudders you have to flash this file: _BlackBox_TRudder_v2_07_1.vkb if you have the orange Black Box and this file: _BlackBox_MK2_TRudder_v2_07_1.vkb if you have the black Black Box. The flashing procedure is exactly the same as for the Gladiator MKII: run VKBDevCfg, select your device, click the Bootloader button, load up one of the files mentioned, wait to finish, click on the Default button and calibrate.
If you want to use the rudders plugged into your Joystick just connect them, reset to Default and calibrate including the rudders.

dyd8x

Postby dyd8x » Fri Oct 29, 2021 9:16

Hey Fallout9!

Thanks for helping me out once again! For the last step when connecting the pedals to the stick, do I hit default/calibrate for the joystick or the pedals?

Also are the names of the files correct? Are they both blackbox and is one of them really mk2?

Thanks once again!

Cheers!

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Fri Oct 29, 2021 9:24

If you connect the rudders to the joystick they become a single device; the pedals won't even show up in the VKBDevCfg anymore, they would just function as an axis.
Yes, orange box (original) - no label firmware; black box (latest) - MKII in firmware name.

dyd8x

Postby dyd8x » Mon Nov 01, 2021 5:11

Thanks Fallout9

One last question. I just purchased one of these - GNX THQ (Throttle Quadrant) - what's the best way to connect it to my pheripherals with the minimum cabling and what is the firmware I should use for this one when flashing it to the latest? I also bought the $15 module for allowing it to be independent, is this correct? Im not sure I fully understand the full purpose of the GNX HID module. Thanks once again!

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Mon Nov 01, 2021 5:45

Your only option will be to install the GNX HID controller into your THW like here, then plug it to your computer. So it's going to be only 1 cable.

dyd8x

Postby dyd8x » Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:49

Hi there fallout9! I have obtained my THQ controller and I have swapped the pcb card for the GNX HID. However, when I open the VKB Device Config, and follow the procedures where I connect the USB to the PC and quickly press C1 and C2, it doesn't seem to work. I have also tried pressing and holding C1 and C2 and then connecting and for both senarios, the little light on the GNX HID is flahing in purple. I don't seem to be able to figure out how to detect the THQ on my computer so that I can default and calibrate it. Also, is there a firmware update for this one?

Thank you for your help once again!

EDIT: I had an outdated DevCFG apparently. I have been able to detect and calibrate it now. Thank you!

Return to “Technical Support”