Gunfighter Mk.II MCG RU flip up trigger behaves oddly

Moderator: AdminGroup

Remontti

Gunfighter Mk.II MCG RU flip up trigger behaves oddly

Postby Remontti » Thu Oct 21, 2021 19:25

I have Gunfighter Mk.ii with MCG RU grip, preordered directly from VKB FSC Europe store March 2019.

I've not used the flip up triggers advanced functions before but just as regular one button trigger (Button 3). Now I have tried to use more advanced features of the trigger and I'm at loss here.
I want to use the Safe function. If I understood correctly it should press a button when trigger is flipped up and not press that button when the trigger is flipped down.

This is what is happening in VKB Device Config Test panel
-Flip trigger up, nothing happens
-Flip trigger down, nothing happens
-Press the trigger, buttons 3 and 24 activate
-But after few times of flipping the trigger up and down only button 3 activates when pressing trigger. Button 24 no longer activates unless I Restart the joystick.

I flashed the joystick first with _Blackbox_GF_MCG_PRO_v2_07_1.vkb but then I checked my receipts and the retail box and noticed that it doesn't say Pro anywhere.
It says in the receipt
Gunfighter Mk.II
Gunfighter Model: Gunfighter Table Top
Grip Type: MCG RU
SKU: GF2SMS-R
So I flashed the joystick again but with _BlackBix_GF_MCG_v2_07_1.vkb.
I'm still not sure if this was the correct one. I do have the Orange controller box.

Springs: I don't remember what I have but I'm pretty sure I have double springs as I have Stick Extension.
Cams: I have cams labeled "30" in the box, so the other ones are in the joystick.
Attachments
MCG.JPG

fallout9

Re: Gunfighter Mk.II MCG RU flip up trigger behaves oddly

Postby fallout9 » Thu Oct 21, 2021 20:23

The flipping trigger is an axis, you have to calibrate it before using it; please follow this calibration tutorial from the timestamp (don't reflash!). After that, please see this tutorial on how to program the folding trigger.

Remontti

Postby Remontti » Thu Oct 21, 2021 21:21

I had done the calibration already few times. I did it again just as in the video (without flashing).

Setting Default turns off Enable MCG PRO Trigger and Safe options. So after calibrating I re-enable them and Set the changes in Joystick.

I go to test mode and flipping trigger up (safe) and down (armed) do not register as buttons. Pressing trigger I get Button 3 and 24 at the same time. After pressing trigger three times I only get button 3 when pressing the trigger down. I can't get button 24 to activate anymore. And it still doesn't behave like in the video. In the video flipping trigger up activates a button. In my joystick flipping the trigger up and down does nothing.

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Thu Oct 21, 2021 22:15

Did you calibrated properly? Squeeze the trigger, get through Armed position, lift it in Safe position? Do it again a few times, your calibration values in your screenshot are not good.

Remontti

Postby Remontti » Thu Oct 21, 2021 22:45

I pressed trigger, flipped up the trigger and repeated this three times during calibration. The values in my previous calibration are in the same limits KD HI around 40 and KD LO at 255.

After calibrating the same thing happens every time. Flipping trigger up and down does nothing. Pressing the trigger activates button 3 and 24. But after few (3 to 6 usually) presses the button 24 doesn't not light up anymore, just button 3.

Here are two latest calibration results. What kind of values should I be getting?
Attachments
calib2.JPG
calib1.JPG

Ron61

Postby Ron61 » Fri Oct 22, 2021 0:37

I see that the calibration is not entirely correct.
Therefore, firstly, in Settings, check the Partial Calibration checkbox - this will allow you to select the axes that need to be calibrated.
Secondly, try this method of trigger calibration - we will prepare it before it - smoothly press from the middle position (Armed) until it stops and release it just as smoothly. Now he is ready for calibration. We call the calibration (the Tools-Start Calibr button) and remove all the checkboxes in the window that appears (our 9th trigger axis is not there), press Set and again smoothly press the trigger all the way, release it smoothly to the center and discard it.
I advise you to do these operations with the Profile-Axes-Axes2Button tab open. Then, after calibrating / rebooting the controller, you will immediately see the result for the changed numbers KdHi, KdLo. There should be no 0 or 255.
Without proper calibration, there can be no question of any adequate operation of the buttons.
After that, put the checkboxes Pulse, Armed, Fire1 (2). Using the sliders, we adjust the place of triggering of the additional fire buttons - until the 3rd or after.

Remontti

Postby Remontti » Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:02

I calibrated the trigger many times as you instructed but I can't get it calibrated.

The KD LO is always 255. So far this has never changed.
The KD HI is usually 42, sometimes 30.

Ron61

Postby Ron61 » Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:24

Reset the settings to default and recalibrate. It would be nice to record it on video and post it here.

Remontti

Postby Remontti » Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:44

https://youtu.be/WoWt3u664X8

Here is a the video. Not professional quality, but hopefully it shows enough.

I have done full calibrations too. In video it is just trigger.

Ron61

Postby Ron61 » Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:56

Did you prepare the trigger before calibration?
Then, when calibrating, you do not need to hold the trigger when dropping. It is necessary from the Armed position (before that, he was already pressed as much as possible to himself), simply throw it away with the outer side of the finger, without holding it. This way we show the entire range of the trigger axis.

Remontti

Postby Remontti » Fri Oct 22, 2021 15:32

In the first video, no. I did not prepare the trigger. But I have done it in previous calibrations.

Here is new video where I set default, prepare the trigger, calibrate and test.
https://youtu.be/mUIoZWPl388

Ron61

Postby Ron61 » Fri Oct 22, 2021 15:43

Good. There are several more options for renovation.
Try uninstalling the VKB device in the USBDeview utility, then reconnecting it to USB, wait for the system to install and try to calibrate it again.
Doesn't help - try the latest firmware from here.

Remontti

Postby Remontti » Fri Oct 22, 2021 16:01

Uninstalled it with USBDeview, reconnected and calibrated.
Still not working.

I then flashed latest firmware v2_07_7 XT and calibrated.
Still not working.

Ron61

Postby Ron61 » Fri Oct 22, 2021 16:17

Temporarily, flash the BB with firmware from, for example, pedals. Then the correct one.

You may need to disassemble the grip and see if there are any metal particles on the trigger axis magnet itself.

Remontti

Postby Remontti » Fri Oct 22, 2021 16:30

I'll try that but let me confirm first.

What is the correct Firmware?
_BlackBox_GF_MCG_PRO_v2_07_7 or _Blackbox_GF_v2_07_7

I'm not quite sure what is difference with Pro version.

My order confirmation / receipt says
Gunfighter Mk.II
Gunfighter Model: Gunfighter TableTop
Grip Type: MCG RU
SKU: GF2SMS-R

I have Stick extension kit
SKU: VBKSIM-A-GF-STD-EXT-002

And I have the Orange black box

Return to “Technical Support”