VKB T-Rudder MK.IV - Right pedal popping sound/feeling

Moderator: AdminGroup

ridethewhirlwinds

VKB T-Rudder MK.IV - Right pedal popping sound/feeling

Postby ridethewhirlwinds » Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:59

After a week of use my right pedal has started having an audible pop and feeling when depressing the pedal on the way all the way down. This happens even if pressing gently down on the right pedal.

The left pedal is fine, no sounds or popping feeling. Any tips on how to fix this annoying sound and popping feeling?

ridethewhirlwinds

Re: VKB T-Rudder MK.IV - Right pedal popping sound/feeling

Postby ridethewhirlwinds » Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:39

Fixed. It turns out I had to loosen the bolt (link below) and adjusted the pedal support arm alignment and the popping sound/feeling went away.

https://i.imgur.com/NUmLabt.jpg

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:40

Thank you for the update.

Auger

Postby Auger » Sun Nov 14, 2021 21:42

I've had a similar issue with the left pedal. I've tried loosening and adjusting the pedal support. I've broke it down suing VKB YT video on cam replacement and made sure everything was tightened, but I'm still getting the clicking sound when I depress the left pedal.
Not sure what to try next.

nrarend

Postby nrarend » Tue Nov 16, 2021 23:41

I had a similar issue right after I got the pedals. I disassembled them and found that the contact from the tensioner was catching on the cam slightly (hardly noticeable by looking at it), but it was enough that I could hear it and feel it in the pedal (I forget which pedal it was). The bolts were all tight enough, so I put just a tad of lithium grease on the cam itself where it contacts the tensioner mechanism, and I haven't had the problem since. I've been using it for several months without issue. I'm not sure about lithium grease and electronic connections, so do this at your own risk. Dialectric grease may be a better bet as it doesn't seep and it won't harm the electronics. The pedals seem to be built to operate without needing any oil or grease, so I wouldn't rush to apply grease unless you absolutely know there is some kind of friction or catching happening. Do not spray apply; spray onto a rag and apply a thin coat that way.

Return to “Technical Support”