Gladiator NXT KdHi/KdLo values above 180

Moderator: AdminGroup

Cheburashka

Gladiator NXT KdHi/KdLo values above 180

Postby Cheburashka » Mon Sep 27, 2021 6:19

I recently got my hands on a brand new Gladiator NXT, I really like the design of the flight stick and the customizability of its software. My only concern is after I did the calibration, I noticed that there was a significant amount of Bias and high coefficient of gains needed to cover the entire axis response range. Attached is a screenshot named "Post Calibration" showing the values of bias and Hi/Lo gain needed. The Z and Y axes needed 2302, and 1807 units of bias to correct for zero, those seem like high values for a number that has a maximum of ±4095. The Y axis needs KdHi/KdLo values of 211/189, and the Z axis needs KdHi/KdLo of 198/191 to cover the entire axis response range. According to the NJoy32 manual, the best results for KdHi/KdLo should lie between 120 - 180. The manual suggested to change the MPL value if you can't reach the goal of extreme positions with KdHi/KdLo values less than 180. After changing the MPL from 9 to 10 I was able to cover the entire axis response range for the Y and Z axis with a KdHi/KdLo of 105/95 and 100/95 respectively, as shown in the attached screenshot named "Post JoyTester". Is it normal to see such high Bias and KdHi/KdLo values post calibration? Is increasing the MPL value to compensate for the KdHi/KdLo the right thing to do to get the best accuracy/sensitivity from the axes? If not, what other methods are recommended?
Attachments
Post JoyTester.jpg
Post Calibration.jpg

Ron61

Re: Gladiator NXT KdHi/KdLo values above 180

Postby Ron61 » Mon Sep 27, 2021 8:40

There is no need to change the factory MPL settings, that is why they are the factory ones.
These numbers will differ for the different types of Mars sensors used in VKB devices. In the manual, the numbers are for the 3-pin D-Mars , the GNX are for the 4-pin A-Mars.
The KdHi, KdLo and Bias numbers will be different for two identical GNXs. They depend on the installation of magnets, which do not need any special orientation before installation.
Therefore, during calibration, an automatic adjustment to the installed magnet occurs. And in each instance it is different.

Cheburashka

Postby Cheburashka » Tue Sep 28, 2021 7:58

Ah gotcha! Thank you for the reply, I didn’t realize that the KdHi/KdLo values in the manual are referring to a controller with a different MARS sensor.

Cheburashka

Postby Cheburashka » Fri Oct 01, 2021 9:00

Are there recommended KdHi and KdLo values for the NXT? Or is it as long as it's below 255 you're good?

Ron61

Postby Ron61 » Fri Oct 01, 2021 12:27

No one can do better than automatic calibration, leave the work to the machine :) .

Return to “Technical Support”