Gladiator NXT

Moderator: AdminGroup

Xiderpunk

Gladiator NXT

Postby Xiderpunk » Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:01

Hi, have two problems with my Gladiator NXT, the rudder (twist) axis doesn't work, and the pinky button.. when pressed turns the LED white at the top along with the red LED, if I keep pressing it it causes the entire device to be unrecognized by the pc for a few moments. It re-detects it again after a short time.

I have tried, flashing and re-flashing the 2_07_1 firmware, loading defaults, calibrating. Been through this process numerous times to no avail. Still no twist, and pinky button is causing this weird issue.

Please help.

fallout9

Re: Gladiator NXT

Postby fallout9 » Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:06

Open up the grip and see what’s with the wires around the tail.

Xiderpunk

Postby Xiderpunk » Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:18

Gave that a try, the three wires look fine.. they are not being pinched or anything and no sign of any damage to them. Carefully inspected with magnification glasses, and absolutely no evidence of the problem. I re-assembled and same issue. It is only happening with that pinky button.. the led's go a bit crazy. red and large white at the top.. the bottom blue one goes out and the bottom red one lights up briefly.

Twist access doesn't seem to register at all still.

These both were working fine before. I installed the upgrade from normal to premium (except for the quick fire trigger.. because.. well I gave up trying to fit it. No instructions came with the kit and not found any guidance on this. So I installed the thumb hat switch and the micro stick at the top. They all seem to work fine as do all of the other buttons.

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Fri Sep 24, 2021 2:21

In this case I suggest to take it apart again and put it back carefully; most probably that bridge/connector PCB is not in position - maybe there are some bent pins, just retrace your steps.

Xiderpunk

Postby Xiderpunk » Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:10

I removed the bridge connector and all the pins looked good. Tried cleaning it with a good blast of isoprop although couldn't see any dirt. Anyway.. put it back together carefully and with case still off tested again. Problem solved. Gently wiggling those header wires where it plugs into the bridge connector however does bring the problem back. I took a really close look at the connector itself and the female socket and they all look good.. so it's a bit perplexing. Therefore the source of the issue appears to be either the bridge is moving a tiny amount if I move those wires a bit which is somehow losing connection with the bottom row of pins or the wires themselves.

For now I have reassembled and all is working, but given how sensitive this area is, I expect this issue to re-appear just in general use of the joystick. Anyway, thank you for your advice thus far.

Return to “Technical Support”