Gunfighter MKIII MCG (latest rev) Axis Questions 09.21.21

Moderator: AdminGroup

Deadstick

Gunfighter MKIII MCG (latest rev) Axis Questions 09.21.21

Postby Deadstick » Tue Sep 21, 2021 14:34

Hello all,

I had a question. I'm currently using a Gunfighter MKIII MCG Ultimate (latest rev design), and it pertains to axis editing. Without changing thumb modules, the top thumb axis can be either digital or analog, by depressing the center button. Currently, its setup in the analog mode, it seems to act as a incremental analog X-Y Rot controller. Is there a way I can make this one respond as the left analog thumb module, to where if it lefts go. It will default to the center automatically, without having to depress / reset? I would also need to save this as a separate profile, than the default setup.

Typically I would leave this for DCS / traditional flight sims, but in this instance for a space sim.

Thanks in advance,

~Mike

PS- any chance this stick can be acquired as a left handed variant? Hands down, greatest stick ever made.

fallout9

Re: Gunfighter MKIII MCG (latest rev) Axis Questions 09.21.21

Postby fallout9 » Tue Sep 21, 2021 19:45

I think you want to have that ministick in absolute mode, hope I understand it right. If that's it, then it's easy just set up MasterMode's ministick axes as absolute instead of relative, as shown in the picture; press Set to save to the current profile. If you want to use 2 profiles, you'll have to save the default profile first, then make the changes, set the new profile and save it under a different name. More about profiles handling here.
About your last question, unfortunately at this time there are no plans for a left hand MCGU :(
Attachments
Capture.JPG

Deadstick

Postby Deadstick » Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:36

Thank you very much Fallout9, I sincerely appreciate your help! I will give this a try. Is a shame about the creation of a left handed variant. I believe the would appeal to the every growing space sim market. One can only hope! Have a wonderful day!

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:30

As a HOSAS user myself I can only say that my hopes are heading the same way as yours :)

rtrski

Postby rtrski » Thu Sep 23, 2021 14:09

Still crossing my fingers for a left hand Kosmosima Premium Ultimate vs. LH MCG-U.

I keep meaning to pull the rubber pad from my MCG-U and attempt my own leather formed cover instead. Currently thinking black ray skin with the sanded dentil knobs would be awesome...
RH VKB GF Mk III + Modern Combat Grip *ULTIMATE* (12/17 GFII , upgraded), _powered_ deploy!
LH VKB GF Mk III + Kosmosima Prem (02/19 GFII, upgraded), *lateral* mounted
Feet: Slaw Viper RX Pedals [Sorry, VKB, too gorgeous]

Deadstick

Postby Deadstick » Wed Oct 06, 2021 12:39

Good Day all!

One last question I forgot to ask on this thread, and I apologize if I'm supposed to ask this in a new thread.

Is there a way I can make the top thumb switch default to analog, rather than digital?

Thank you!

PS- your previous recommendations worked!

Ron61

Postby Ron61 » Wed Oct 06, 2021 13:23

If I understand you correctly, it depends on this checkbox setting.
POVs to start.jpg

Return to “Technical Support”