problem with (1) connecting and (2) unstable axis

Moderator: AdminGroup

LaBerthier

problem with (1) connecting and (2) unstable axis

Postby LaBerthier » Sat Aug 28, 2021 11:11

Unfortunately I have two problems with my Gunfighter MCG Pro Mk. II for which I can’t find the solution. It worked fine for a long time (since July 2019) and recently these two problems came to light.
(1) When I start Windows it doesn’t properly connect to the joystick. I first have to unplug it and then plug it back in. Sometimes I have to do this a few times before it connects. Not all axis seems to be working properly when it connects. Especially the y-axis often does not connect. The brake lever and the pedals always work but the y-axis and sometimes the x-axis don’t.
(2) The y-axis and sometimes the x-axis are not stable. When I use Wizzo I can see the numbers changing even though I’m not moving the stick. They wobble about around the 0-position. The other axis are perfectly still when I don’t move the stick.
I tried several things to solve these problems:
(a) I tried a different blackbox that came with the pedals.
(b) I recalibrated the axis a lot of times.
(c) I removed the stick in windows settings and then plugged it back in so it was freshly installed.
(d) I opened the base and tightened some screws.
(e) I updated the firmware of the blackbox
None of these solved any of the two problems.
It’s so strange because I didn’t drop it, I’m always careful with this expansive equipment. I make sure there isn’t any tension on the cables. I just don’t understand how it stopped working correctly and I don’t know how these problems can be solved.

fallout9

Re: problem with (1) connecting and (2) unstable axis

Postby fallout9 » Sat Aug 28, 2021 18:34

These issues most probably come from a loose wire inside the base. Open it up, disconnect all the white plugs from the boards, then plug them back firmly. Make sure the wires are out of the way of moving parts when closing up the base.

LaBerthier

Postby LaBerthier » Sun Aug 29, 2021 0:37

Thank you for your reply. I disconnected all the white plugs and reconnected them. This did not solve the problems. I also tried a different USB-cable. It made no difference.

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Sun Aug 29, 2021 2:41

If the plugs are firmly connected then it must be a problem with one of the wires, the ones that get into those white plugs. I suggest to pull the wires out of the connectors one by one and check them for integrity. It could help to clean both ends of the connectors with some contact cleaner.

LaBerthier

Postby LaBerthier » Sun Aug 29, 2021 23:16

Can I send it somewhere for a repair? (and pay for that...)

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Mon Aug 30, 2021 1:10

Check PM.

Return to “Technical Support”