(Gladiator NXT) Any way to replace twist rudder spring?

Moderator: AdminGroup

lmhariano

(Gladiator NXT) Any way to replace twist rudder spring?

Postby lmhariano » Wed Aug 18, 2021 15:33

After flying for some time with the Gladiator NXT Premium L, my hand started to hurt a bit. I'm right handed, but I chose the Left stick because I fly airliners as captain in both Prepar3D and MS Flight Simulator. Anyway, I was able to replace the aileron and elevator springs (from the default #20 to the #10 ones) and I find it now more comfortable to fly. That spring extracting tool is brilliant!

Now, is it possible to do the same for the rudder axis? If so, how? As of now, it's a bit too stiff for my liking.
Best regards,
Luis Hernández

fallout9

Re: (Gladiator NXT) Any way to replace twist rudder spring?

Postby fallout9 » Wed Aug 18, 2021 18:43

The spring on twist is not replaceable. But if your hand hurts maybe it's because it's positioned too high on the desk? Try to raise your chair or mount your joystick; playing with an abrupt angle between your hand and arm could strain your muscles and ligaments.

lmhariano

Re: (Gladiator NXT) Any way to replace twist rudder spring?

Postby lmhariano » Sat Aug 28, 2021 16:30

Yes, it's maybe ergonomics. While I get a mount, I had to resort to a strange solution: since I can´t put the stick under my desk,place the joystick box (110 mm high) between my armrest and arm. What should be the actual setup? I mean, height of top-of-stick or palmrest relative to mount surface/armrest? I haven´t seen anything about this...
Best regards,
Luis Hernández

Return to “Technical Support”