Problem with ultimate module and gunfighter base

Moderator: AdminGroup

youtcham

Problem with ultimate module and gunfighter base

Postby youtcham » Sun Aug 01, 2021 19:33

I received yesterday my order which arrived within 3 days and blew all my expectations!

The ultimate grip is a fantastic craft of engineering, it breathes quality and it is by far the best flying joystick I have ever owned, making me initially very happy with my new purchase.

Unfortunately I have found very quickly two problems while setting up the joystick.

One of the screw of the main analogue stick on the left side of the grip has either been screwed way too much by the factory or it is somehow glued to a point where it cannot be unscrewed. All the other screws can be removed with ease to swap the HATs with the exception of this one. The screw driver provided in the box has no grip on it, as if the screw was permanently fixed. This is quite disappointing since I really wanted to install a 5 buttons HAT instead of the analogue stick for which I have currently no use. I have no idea what to do to fix this.

The second point is related to the gunfighter base, I detected that the movement was not fluid at all in one direction, more like a bumpy ride. After checking inside the base and a close look at the cam, I realized there was something on the cam and also in one of the bolt for the other cam, it looked to me like dry glue (picture below).

I proceeded with removing it from the cam the best I could, and it is now better although not as silky smooth as the other side, but I am unsure what it was exactly and if it shall be a concern (for instance some type of oxidation on the cam). Any idea what that coul be?

Can you please let me know how to proceed?

Thank you very much in advance,

Ron61

Re: Problem with ultimate module and gunfighter base

Postby Ron61 » Sun Aug 01, 2021 20:17

Remove the cam, clean and show the photo. When removed, check how the bearing rotates.
Most likely, something hit the plane and grind with a bearing.
When disassembling, pay attention to the location of washers and grovers on the cam attachment axis.

Return to “Technical Support”