MCG Ultimate Flip Up Trigger and Master Mode Hat Issue

Moderator: AdminGroup

mrfixit

MCG Ultimate Flip Up Trigger and Master Mode Hat Issue

Postby mrfixit » Sat Jul 31, 2021 5:53

I just received the MCG Ultimate on the Gunfighter base with the smaller straight extension. Got everything installed, firmware updated, calibration complete. I swapped out the master mode thumbstick for the pyramid shaped hat and then discovered it's buttons were not registering when I clicked them. Everything else was fine, however, buttons #28 and #30 were constantly illuminated in the test buttons/povs screen. I discovered the flip up trigger (which is keeping button #35 illuminated in the test screen when flipped up, I assume that is correct) was also turning on buttons 28 and 30 when flipped up which belong to that master mode hat. I unplugged, removed and reseated the master mode hat again and reconnected the stick. It was still showing buttons 35, 28 and 30 all pressed when the trigger was flipped up until I flipped the trigger up and down a few more times (in frustration) and suddenly, the buttons were not illuminated and everything was working. However, a few minutes later I discovered the master mode hat wasn't registering and it was that same issue. A few extra flips of the trigger cleared it out again and it's working. I worried there might be some hardware issue with the two interfering and I may have an intermittent problem on my hands as I use this new stick.
Thoughts?

fallout9

Re: MCG Ultimate Flip Up Trigger and Master Mode Hat Issue

Postby fallout9 » Sat Jul 31, 2021 6:01

Press the Default button in VKBDevCfg and recalibrate it like here (you don't need flashing, just calibration).
Also take out the module and check the 2 contact pins inside if they're both at the same length. Make sure you install the module properly.

Return to “Technical Support”