Left and Right hand gladiator nxt joysticks both registering as right Hand

Moderator: AdminGroup

jacocousy4@gmail.com

Left and Right hand gladiator nxt joysticks both registering as right Hand

Postby jacocousy4@gmail.com » Thu Jul 15, 2021 1:34

Having a problem where my left joystick is registering as a right hand stick. when both joysticks are active switching between joysticks in VKBDevCfg program only the right joystick is actively working. When only the left joystick is plugged in its still being recognized as right handed. both joystick are functional and show up in Microsoft but they are also showing up as right handed there too! help please.

fallout9

Re: Left and Right hand gladiator nxt joysticks both registering as right Hand

Postby fallout9 » Thu Jul 15, 2021 6:04

Press the Default button on both. You should have 2 NXTs in native software device list (blue window at the top), a R one and a L one. Click mouse on the R, then navigate to Test/Buttons and try your R joystick buttons on the tester. Then mouse click on the L one in the device list and do the same in tester.

jacocousy4@gmail.com

Postby jacocousy4@gmail.com » Thu Jul 15, 2021 11:28

Thanks for the reply. i tried using default in the tool tab as you mentioned but both joysticks are still labeled NXT R in the top blue box! The buttons on both L and R are completely functional however the left joystick is still being labeled NXT R instead of NXT L. My main problem is that it wont allow me to use or program the left joystick when the right is on.

Tripalhelix25

Postby Tripalhelix25 » Thu Jul 15, 2021 16:53

I spent hours with Jacocousy4 trying to help him figure out what was wrong with his Premium Gladiator NXT's, because I am the person that recommended that he purchase those. I purchased 2 Premium Gladiator NXT(a right handed first, and a left handed one 2 weeks later) and have not had one problem with them since I received them. Because I do not know everything about the technical specifications, these are the only things that I think can be the problem:

1) The Gladiator NXT base shipped with the Premium Left handed Kosmosima Grip, was intended for a Right handed base, and has the firmware installed for a Right handed Base, instead of a left handed base.
2) The Premium Left Handed Kosmosima Grip, has firmware that was meant for a Premium(or regular) Right Handed Kosmosima Grip. Either it needs to be reflashed for a Left Handed Kosmosima Grip (if possible), a replacement Premium Left Handed Kosmosima Grip needs to be sent to Jacocousy4@gmail.com, or the original Premium Left Handed Kosmosima Grip he received needs to sent back to VKB to be reflashed/have right firmware installed (if not possible to reflash Left Handed Kosmosima Grip as mentioned above.

He made sure (and I double checked through a stream) that all of the latest software has been downloaded from the official VKB website. The Premium Left Handed Gladiator NXT when plugged in by itself, registers as a VKB-Sim Gladiator NXT R in the native software device list in the VKBDevCfg program. All the buttons/axis/POV/Hat switches all work fine. Also, Microsoft detects this joystick as a Right Handed Gladiator NXT. The problem is not with software, as both VKB's software, and Microsoft's software are registering this device as a dedicated Right Handed device. The problem must lie in the device's firmware. When he plugs in the Premium Right Handed Gladiator NXT , while the Left is also plugged up, the Premium Left Handed Gladiator NXT (which is still showing in both Microsoft and VKB's software as a Right Handed device) stops working as if the real Premium Right Handed Gladiator NXT overrides all communication with VKBDevCfg software. Nothing works on the Left Handed Gladiator NXT (which is always showing as a Right Handed Gladiator NXT in the native software device list) while the Right Handed Gladiator NXT is also plugged in at the same time. I hope this helps solve his problem. We have tried countless combinations of buttons, downloaded Z-Bootloader and tried to flash the Left Handed Gladiator NXT (which failed to work), and clicked Default button in VKBDevCfg for both NXT's, but nothing has worked so far. Please figure this out, or send him a replacement part (whichever one he needs, either Gladiator NXT Base, or Premium Left Handed NXT Kosmosima grip). Thank you for your attention in this matter. I hope it gets resolved soon.

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Thu Jul 15, 2021 17:26

Could you please post a screenshot with VKBDevCfg showing both devices connected?

Tripalhelix25

Postby Tripalhelix25 » Thu Jul 15, 2021 18:33

Here is the VKBDevCfg showing both Gladiator NXT's as Right Handed, even though one is a left hand.
Attachments
Arc-VKBDevCfg photo.jpg
Here is the photo showing both Gladiator NXT's as Right Handed in VKBDevCfg

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Thu Jul 15, 2021 19:08

Try flashing to 2.05.5 following the walkthrough here.

jacocousy4@gmail.com

Postby jacocousy4@gmail.com » Fri Jul 16, 2021 8:27

That did not work still registering as the same.
Attachments
Screenshot 2021-07-16 012550.jpg

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Fri Jul 16, 2021 18:35

Try swapping the grips on the bases. Be very careful so you won't break the connection wires (instructions here). Afterwards press again the Default button.
If it still doesn't work please fill up a service ticket.

JetFxR_USAF

Postby JetFxR_USAF » Thu Jun 16, 2022 2:11

I had this same problem. I set both sticks to default using the VKB Device Config v0.91.96 and then flashed both and it fixed it. You may want to wait to see if VKB thinks it's a good idea to do this as I am not an expert. this is just how I myself fixed it.

Ron61

Postby Ron61 » Thu Jun 16, 2022 10:43

I advise you to try using the latest configurator v.92_33 and the firmware from the v.2_11_1 XT2 package. After the firmware, reset the settings to default and then click the Find & AutoConfig button in the Global-External tab. Only then can you calibrate. Try doing this with each GNX in turn, turning off the next one.

kyle_43

Postby kyle_43 » Thu Aug 31, 2023 1:20

So, I was having the same issue. After flashing both the left and right they showed up how they were supposed to. However, when I tried to calibrate the controllers in VKBDevCfg-C the right would calibrate exactly how it should, but when I clicked on the left it asks you to configure the controller. If you hit yes to configure it, it will change the left to right. So, both controllers were showing up as right. DO NOT HIT YES. Just exit out or hit no. Now you can hit the calibrate button, calibrate it, end the calibration when you are finished, and then the controller should have the blue light at the top and a blue light at the base.

omni

Postby omni » Fri Sep 01, 2023 17:23

Indeed I've had to go towards this route to get my left OT to work. unfortunately this isn't reassuring and calibration might be off now ?

I've sent an email to VKB but have yet to hear from them, since I'm pretty sure that the firmware flashed is correct and this might be a bug in the configurator.

Firmware used;

Right stick - _Gladiator_EVO_v2_16_0
OT Left stick - _Gladiator_EVO_OTA_v2_16_0

DeadWalking

Postby DeadWalking » Sat Sep 02, 2023 4:59

I believe you can edit the L stick entry on Global >> Common >> External Devices
Change the SCG to SCG-L and hit 'Set'
PM-05-57-01-VKBDevCfg-C.png

omni

Postby omni » Sat Sep 02, 2023 21:57

Cheers,this worked to change it back to LEFT when it defaults to right.

Return to “Technical Support”