Kosmosima left lights flashing during use

Moderator: AdminGroup

wolph

Kosmosima left lights flashing during use

Postby wolph » Sat Jun 26, 2021 3:33

Hello - I hope everyone is well.

I have two gunfighters and the lights on the left stick will often "reset" randomly (both under load and when idle). EG when you first turn the gunfighter on the lights on the stick will flash white & red - This white & red flashing is what I see randomly. Both sticks are plugged into the same USB controller and only the left one does this (eg the USB controller is not resetting).

The joystick doesn't seem to actually disconnect during this time, so it doesn't really cause me any issue when I'm using them - it's only annoying/distracting to see the lights flash and makes me wonder if something is wrong.

Seems like something is funny at the USB/OS software level.

I noticed that in 'external devices' both my left & right kosmosima's think they're using the same base - is this correct? I set to defaults & reflashed firmware on both sticks using left & right firmware but it doesn't seem to change. I toyed with the base numbers under global --> external devices but am only making guesses (I have since erased any changes I made)

Is this anything I need to fix?

Thanks! :)
Attachments
1.PNG
2.PNG

fallout9

Re: Kosmosima left lights flashing during use

Postby fallout9 » Sat Jun 26, 2021 6:12

Don't worry about the items listed in External Devices, it's normal for the SCG grips to have shadows in there. Click on both green base and stick; you'll get 2 new windows with the communication error level. If everything is right you should get a continuous green line flowing from right to left. Some small green blocks on that line are acceptable, but if you get yellow, orange or red, tall blocks then there's a problem. Keep the windows active on your desk and when your LEDs are flashing again take a screenshot and post it. You could force the issue by simply moving the stick around and see if there's any feedback on the charts.

wolph

Postby wolph » Sat Jun 26, 2021 6:56

Thanks Fallout - Here's a pic of left & right communications error level. If I've read you correctly the left base doesn't appear to be polled - Please note that in the picture the left base is active (and being polled).
Attachments
bases.PNG

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Sat Jun 26, 2021 18:55

Looks great so far. See what happens when LEDs are flashing.

wolph

Postby wolph » Sun Jun 27, 2021 3:48

Thanks Fallout! Please note I didn't notice the LED's flashing at all since I reflashed the firmware yesterday.

Considering they would flash every hour or two I think we can potentially mark this as resolved.

I greatly appreciate your help!

Cheers,
wolph

Return to “Technical Support”