New Gladiator NXT, cable connector broke

Moderator: AdminGroup

ds12345

Re: New Gladiator NXT, cable connector broke

Postby ds12345 » Thu May 06, 2021 14:07

Update, with solution from support ticket (in case this happens to anyone in the future).

To break it down simply ... Connector came loose when removing the protective sleeve during stick/base assembly. I purchased Pre-crimped cables and GH1.25 connectors, matching the originals. Once I had the correct wire order (thanks falcon, and I apologize for the wording above, I constantly think in red=power black=ground, so the terminology used in an earlier breakdown could be confusing!), I connected the stick to the base, performed hard reset on the controller (hold F1 and F2 buttons then plug in controller), and issue was solved. PC now recognizes base and stick, all buttons and twist axis.

Thank you to all who helped and the immediate post-holiday response from VKB tech support.

d

K4P0T

Postby K4P0T » Thu Sep 09, 2021 16:05

Sorry to hijack the thread but I have a similar issue.
My stick wasn't all the way down when I inserted the 3 little black screws. I opened it up again and while getting out the stick I ripped off the cable connector on the USB board.
The pad labelled grnd is ripped off completely the other two are solderable.
So the black wire goes on 3.3V, the yellow is TX and now is the question if the red one is actually ground or 3.3? So if I solder it on some other connection with GRND it should work again?

Yeah I know I'm a little bit clumsy. :roll:

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Thu Sep 09, 2021 18:39

Open a ticket please and post pictures with the damage. We'll fix it, no worries.

Ron61

Postby Ron61 » Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:49

If you have the equipment and skills in soldering, then while the new cable is delivered, you can fix the problem yourself.
In the photo, red is connected to GND.
The correct position of the cables can be easily checked when the configurator is running - if it is wrong, there will be a short circuit and the controller will go into protection, there will be no device in the configurator. If everything is correct, then when you connect the cable from the handle, the corresponding device will be in the configurator.
2.jpg

Return to “Technical Support”