Plastic creaking/squeak

Moderator: AdminGroup

BoxxyPrime

Plastic creaking/squeak

Postby BoxxyPrime » Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:54

Hey guys! Had a VKB Gladiator NXT (Kosmosima Grip) for about a week now. Absolutely love it, huge upgrade over the T16000s from Thrustmaster. I have a super, super minor issue which isn't a big deal at all but something I'd like to remedy if possible. At certain angles of moving the stick, and for some reason right when the twist is very very near 0 (or center) I get this plastic sounding squeak. I've opened it up a few times, made sure everything looks good, which it does. Wire is not binding, everything seems to be properly greased. The ONLY guess I have is that there's a chip under one of the little daughter boards, where the magnet on the twist housing seems to touch when fully centered. I assume this is the "tactical bump" you feel when the twist centers.

Could this tiny bit of friction be causing it? Or does the grip just normally have a bit of creaking to it?

EDIT: In case anyone comes across this thread looking to fix their own stick, I may have figured it out. (Assuming nothing changes and will update this again if the fix doesn't persist). I noticed the top of the magnet on the twist housing was looking a little scratched, assuming some friction. I took the housing and re-sat it a couple of times, but it always came back so I ended up taking some dielectric synthetic grease and dabbing it on top of the magnet. Put it back together, and it's totally solved it. Stick is now entirely silent and feels much better twisting. I'm just hoping that the grease doesn't act as a suction cup and pull on the chip it rests against over time.

Return to “Technical Support”