y axis doesn't calibrate properly

Moderator: AdminGroup

lilo

y axis doesn't calibrate properly

Postby lilo » Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:18

the y axis will not calibrate to "middle" it is either 0 or 6553--- the x axis works great

loosened damper--- it seems to be software not hardware because the axis centers just fine

the y axis starts in middle after default then i calibrate it then shoots to either extreme left or right 0 or 6553

the x axis performs just fine ( roll in DCS) down loaded -- black box _gf_scg_v2_202_5 vkb

any ideas

the controller is :::: gunfighter mk3 scg vkbgfscgrp03

dburne

Re: y axis doesn't calibrate properly

Postby dburne » Fri Apr 16, 2021 16:40

First thing I would try is removing the stick from the base and carefully re-attaching.
Also whilst removed inspect the cables to see if any are pinched. I recently had a problem with a pinched wire that eventually cut in two.
Just before I had opened it up to add some springs and apparently got a wire pinched in there upon assembly back together.

lilo

Postby lilo » Fri Apr 16, 2021 18:14

ill give it a try but what is weird if i use default the controller it goes back to center- then when i calibrate shoots to one side or other 0 or 6500 no center on y axis?

Drano

Postby Drano » Fri Apr 16, 2021 18:39

That actually makes sense if you're having a problem like dburne describes. It'd look right until you went to move something around which you'd have to do to calibrate. Sounds to me too that you have something going on with a connection. Hopefully it's not a cut wire.

First, open up the base and pull the white wire connectors from the sockets on the PCB. Look at them closely and make sure that the metal connectors on the end of the wires are seated into the plastic part properly. They shouldn't have a lot of wiggle or pull out. If all is good plug them back in making sure they're seated and again nothing is loose. If you notice a wire pushing out of the connector as you push it in that's a problem and will cause a bad connection.

If they all look good and it's still doing it, you may have a broken or cut wire. Easy to find if it's just apart. If it's within the insulation a lot harder to track down. Can find that with a multimeter testing each wire. Clearly it'd be the one wire for that axis as the other axis and common wire are ok.

Another thought, while you have the thing apart look around the gimbal under the sensor and be sure there are no random pieces of metal hanging around in there just stuck on the magnet. That would throw things off too. Another explanation why it doesn't seem to be moving.
Gunfighter MkI w/MkIII update + MCG-Pro Grip
Avia S Cams
2x #30A Springs
FW:v2.13F
Devconfig: v92.78
Zbootloader: v2.01

Asus Strix X570-E Gaming
Ryzen9 5800X3D
Asus Strix 3080 12GB
32GB Corsair Vengeance PC3600
EVGA G6 1000W
Reverb G2V2
Win10/64

lilo

Postby lilo » Fri Apr 16, 2021 20:01

wow thanks guys

it is a brand new controller ---- found SMALL WASHER jammed beside dampener (magnet) and electronic card on y axis????????????

pushed it out amazing how things work better without extra parts lol

thanks Drano and Dburne would have never figured this one out

Drano

Postby Drano » Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:46

Glad it was something silly!
Gunfighter MkI w/MkIII update + MCG-Pro Grip
Avia S Cams
2x #30A Springs
FW:v2.13F
Devconfig: v92.78
Zbootloader: v2.01

Asus Strix X570-E Gaming
Ryzen9 5800X3D
Asus Strix 3080 12GB
32GB Corsair Vengeance PC3600
EVGA G6 1000W
Reverb G2V2
Win10/64

dburne

Postby dburne » Sat Apr 17, 2021 15:22

lilo wrote:wow thanks guys

it is a brand new controller ---- found SMALL WASHER jammed beside dampener (magnet) and electronic card on y axis????????????

pushed it out amazing how things work better without extra parts lol

thanks Drano and Dburne would have never figured this one out

Great glad it was that simple and not a pinched wire!!
Have fun!!

Return to “Technical Support”