Twist is different on left vs right kosmosima stick

Moderator: AdminGroup

TestRound

Twist is different on left vs right kosmosima stick

Postby TestRound » Fri Mar 26, 2021 17:29

Hi,

My left kosmosima stick has a nice and smooth feel on the twist when transitioning between left and right while my right stick is quite the opposite.

I don’t use the left twist so i wanted to fix this by switching the left sticks twist with the right. Opened up the stick and see two screws holding the twist part with the spring together. Would it be okay to just unscrew this and switch em?

Would i need to flash them after?

Both sticks are just a couple weeks old and both are the premium version

Edit: thinking about it some more.. that wouldn’t work as they are made to fit on a L or R stick :oops:

Edit: Anyone got any ideas? ATM the right stick instantly goes to center with a lot of force and there is a big bump with a sound when transitioning from left to right.

The left stick smoothly goes back to center if I let go and I hardly feel the transition from left to right.

Wish it was the other way around as I need the precision in my right hand

TestRound

Re: Twist is different on left vs right kosmosima stick

Postby TestRound » Fri Mar 26, 2021 18:20

Maybe I could disassemble the V8 twist module and keep the correct casing on each stick but switch out the spring and the rest on the sticks. Can’t seem to find any such detailed manual of the V8 module tho so not sure how I’d go about disassemble it

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Fri Mar 26, 2021 19:08

You're right, the twist module is not interchangeable between left and right models. But the design is similar, so it must be a greasing issue on your right hand twist module. Or it could be, in case you have them on GunFighter bases, that the fastener is too tight on the right hand grip and it interferes with proper return to center.

TestRound

Postby TestRound » Fri Mar 26, 2021 19:25

Thanks for the reply!

They are on MKIII’s both of them but i get the same results when I take them of the base and just use the twist with my fingers as resistance.
I guess it could just be that both of them acted like my left does now but since I only use the twist on the right stick, it has now been worn in.

How are they intended to behave if you just let go of the stick when you say hold the twist in a direction? A instant return to center like my right stick or a ~1 second slow return like my left stick?

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Fri Mar 26, 2021 19:56

They're treated with medium viscous grease so a slow(ish) return to center is expected. If it's snapping to center it might be a lubrication issue. The twist module could be taken apart and regreased, like here; Nyogel 767A provides best results.

TestRound

Postby TestRound » Fri Mar 26, 2021 20:13

Ah I guess they forgot to grease my right stick then. But yeah I’ll try that. Seems to be impossible to get a hold of Nyogel 767A in Sweden tho but I’ll keep looking.

Thanks a lot for your help

TestRound

Postby TestRound » Fri Mar 26, 2021 20:27

You don’t happen to know of an equally good grease I could use?

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Fri Mar 26, 2021 20:31

Open it up and see what's happening in there. If it's really dry and you don't have any Nyogel tube laying around (this should be mandatory for any simmer though :P) fill up a service ticket, you'll surely get a proper replacement.
About Nyogel, now seriously - get some; even if it's expensive you don't need much at a time so you'll be using a small tube for the next 10 years. You could use it on the twist module so it would act like you want it; it also makes wonders on the dampers. Try local Amazon or Ebay. Don't even think about any other grease - I've personally tried other 4 or 5 brands and didn't liked it; everyone on the interwebs seems on the same page - you have joystick = you need Nyogel :)

TestRound

Postby TestRound » Fri Mar 26, 2021 20:43

Haha okay you have convinced me! Will keep looking for this holy grail of grease :)

Thanks again!

Parachute

Postby Parachute » Sat Mar 27, 2021 20:15

Me too - two brand new SCG Premium grips with GFIII bases and the left is very slow to centre, whereas the right snaps back straight away.

I've not stripped either twist module yet (I don't have any grease to use), but from what you say it's the right module that is not operating correctly? I actually prefer the rapid return of the right, though.

I guess I should get some Nyogel and regrease both so they behave the same at least?

It would appear to only be available from direct from the importer in 100g tubes in the UK.

snp

Postby snp » Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:58

Before you start re-greasing make sure the issue is not caused by the dust guard (see viewtopic.php?f=28&t=4953 for details) or the grip mounting element (it may create an additional friction if not fit perfectly).

Parachute

Postby Parachute » Fri Apr 09, 2021 23:01

So I have now had chance to check the twist modules in both grips and also get some Nyogel grease.

Thanks @snp for the tip about the dust guard, but the issue isn't that - once out of the grips the two modules are still different.

Having followed the regreasing video to open the modules themselves it seemed like the grease in the left module was a lot more "sticky" than the grease in the right. There might have been less grease in the right module too. Which seems odd for two grips obtained at the same time (in fact presumably manufactured at pretty much the same time given the problems keeping them in stock).

They both have 767a grease in now and the centring speed between the two grips is now similar. Although the left is still slower, it's close enough that I won't notice so much.

I guess there's just a difference in manufacturing for the left and right handed modules.

AshDarko

Postby AshDarko » Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:04

fallout9 wrote:Open it up and see what's happening in there. If it's really dry and you don't have any Nyogel tube laying around (this should be mandatory for any simmer though :P) fill up a service ticket, you'll surely get a proper replacement.
About Nyogel, now seriously - get some; even if it's expensive you don't need much at a time so you'll be using a small tube for the next 10 years. You could use it on the twist module so it would act like you want it; it also makes wonders on the dampers. Try local Amazon or Ebay. Don't even think about any other grease - I've personally tried other 4 or 5 brands and didn't liked it; everyone on the interwebs seems on the same page - you have joystick = you need Nyogel :)

I have raised a ticket over a month ago about my right stick having zero grease when it was sent to me. Haven't heard anything back, not even a single response to my ticket. Have you had a better experience?

Return to “Technical Support”