Gunfigther MK3 + MGC Pro = bad desing

Moderator: AdminGroup

sturmbutcher

Gunfigther MK3 + MGC Pro = bad desing

Postby sturmbutcher » Mon Mar 22, 2021 4:33

I don't usually come to forums but this is driving me nuts,I have bought a really expensive gear, wanted to avoid the virpil bad QA that many argued on internet, but I enden on something really bad designed... how in this world someone could design such a poor engagement mechanism between the base and the grip? I can't even play more than 15 minutes without getting red lights between my stick and base... I have followed carefully the video to engage the grip to the base but after 15 minutes of use its all loose and loosing contact between the grip and stick...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihxLaBP9xHw

This is untolerable for such a high price on a joystick.

Drano

Re: Gunfigther MK3 + MGC Pro = bad desing

Postby Drano » Mon Mar 22, 2021 6:05

So is the grip coming loose from the base and that's what's causing the red lights or are you just getting red lights? The red lights indicate a bad connection there. It can come from the grip being loose or it can also be because of a problem with one of the contact pins in the grip or dirty contact pads on the base. In that case it would still be tight.

If the grip is coming loose quickly are you able to completely tighten the screw holding the two wedges that clamp together on the barrel? It should be pretty tight. If either the screw or the the threaded wedge half is stripped it won't tighten or won't hold long. Just a guess. Are you sure you're putting those two wedge clamps together right? Another guess. They're tricky. Gotta make sure they're in the right position before you tighten it they won't clamp the barrel right. FWIW I've had that combo since MkI and have never had the grip come loose unless I was taking it apart.
Gunfighter MkI w/MkIII update + MCG-Pro Grip
Avia S Cams
2x #30A Springs
FW:v2.13F
Devconfig: v92.78
Zbootloader: v2.01

Asus Strix X570-E Gaming
Ryzen9 5800X3D
Asus Strix 3080 12GB
32GB Corsair Vengeance PC3600
EVGA G6 1000W
Reverb G2V2
Win10/64

UIV
Мастер

Re: Gunfigther MK3 + MGC Pro = bad desing

Postby UIV » Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:58

Please open a service ticket on your dealer.

Return to “Technical Support”