warning: Defined logical button exceeds permitted HID

Moderator: AdminGroup

mrcan01@gmail.com

Re: warning: Defined logical button exceeds permitted HID

Postby mrcan01@gmail.com » Tue Aug 31, 2021 22:21

Hi,
I really new here (First post) not sure if this is the appropriate place to post this question (if not, please point me in the right direction) but here goes. The thread on virtual controller got my attention. I have watched the VBK Sim YouTube video on virtual controllers and found it really informative and very well done, but it raised a number of questions for me.

I recently purchased a Gunfighter Mk. III SCG Premium Right and a Gladiator NXT - GNX Premium Left to use as a dual joystick HOSAS for Elite Dangerous Odyssey (EDO). I just started setting the key bindings last night and after failing a few times, I realized that while Windows recognizes both joysticks, EDO does not. EDO sees the two joysticks as a single joystick and I ended up overwriting previous key bindings for the aGunfighter when I started setting up the Gladiator. Is it necessary (or even possible) to set each joystick as a virtual controller. The Gunfighter (Virtual #1) functioning as keys 1 to 32, and the Gladiator (Virtual #2) functioning as keys 33 to 64? Also, does using virtual controllers impact using the mini-stick on the Gunfighter as a virtual mouse to control the SRV turret and still able to use the Gladiator’s POV Hat as well?

Thanks in advance for any feedback or a life ring.

Mark

Cmdr ART2021

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Tue Aug 31, 2021 23:38

Hi CMDR! You only have to set up virtual controllers in E:D if the number of buttons on a single device is 33 or higher. Both your devices should be under the 32 buttons limitation, so you don't have to split them up in virtual controllers unless you want to use Shifts, Tempos or any other functions to duplicate buttons.
Don't worry if the device name doesn't show up in bindings screen, that's how the game works; just bind both devices and you're good to go.

mrcan01@gmail.com

Postby mrcan01@gmail.com » Wed Sep 01, 2021 5:14

Excellent! Thanks for such a quick response to my message/ plea for help. I’ll start binding both devices again and see how it goes. Thanks again.
ART2021

Return to “Technical Support”