Gunfighter mk2 x and y axis quit working

Moderator: AdminGroup

fallout9

Re: Gunfighter mk2 x and y axis quit working

Postby fallout9 » Tue Apr 06, 2021 18:11

Are they cutting of by themselves or during use? When they're off are there any red signals from the testers? Are the grip buttons working when the axes are off?
Is the joystick plugged to computer, USB hub or USB extender?

caddis

Postby caddis » Tue Apr 06, 2021 18:21

It will cut out if the stick is just sitting there or if I’m using it. No red signals when they are off. It’s plugged into a motherboard usb. The buttons and most axis work. The only thing that quits working is the x and y axis of the base.

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Tue Apr 06, 2021 19:07

Could you try to replicate the behaviour on another computer?

caddis

Postby caddis » Tue Apr 06, 2021 19:34

I’ve tried it on several computers already and the same thing happens.

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Tue Apr 06, 2021 19:58

Open up the base and disconnect all white connectors in there. Check if the wires are properly attached to them and plug them back firmly.

What other devices are attached to your computer at the same time? What software is running in the background?

caddis

Postby caddis » Wed Apr 07, 2021 4:47

I disconnected and reseated all connectors. Most of the wires were seated firmly. The four that go into the plug that must be unplugged to take the base apart were jiggly in the plastic but maybe this is normal. Other devices include the usual mouse and keyboard and then a throttle and vr headset usb. This problem will happen with no programs opened up or if I'm in game.

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:40

My opinion is that something takes over your x and y axes - either a third party program or a windows setting which puts them to sleep. If it'd be something wrong with the joystick that should be reflected in ComError tester. And, at least, the buttons wouldn't work either. I find it hard to believe that the joystick has been tested on other computers because that would mean they all have the same wrong settings.
I would suggest to try once more by restarting the computer in Safe mode. If still doesn't work you could fill up a service ticket, but again, I think that you should focus on external causes before searching for internal issues.

caddis

Postby caddis » Sun Apr 11, 2021 4:04

Over the past several years this has been happening. My father in law was using it and was having problems. Put it away and I have recently been using it. This stick has had the same problem on three different high end gaming computers. What do you suggest I look for externally on the computer itself? Also is there a chance there is a problem with my orange black box? Thanks for your continued help and troubleshooting.

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Mon Apr 12, 2021 22:42

Have you tried to restart the computer in Safe mode to see if the issue persists? Or a cheap laptop/computer (something that doesn't have lots of peripherals or gaming utilities installed. If the Black Box would have issues the whole joystick would misbehave, not only the axes. Also, the error level is in green, so it looks fine. There are several people reporting issues with utilities like Logitech, Razer, Aorus, iCue etc. A few days ago a guy noticed his Corsair keyboard was interfering with VKBDevCfg.
If still doesn't work please fill up a service ticket and link this thread to it; maybe the engineers would come with a proper solution.

caddis

Postby caddis » Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:46

I have messed around with two different grips I have for my gunfighter mk2 base, the mcg pro and a thrustmaster warthog. The x and y axis do not quit working when I use the thrustmaster grip but they do quit working when using the mcg pro grip. The x and y axis also keep working when I take the thrustmaster grip off and just push the nub on the base from side to side. If I remove the mcg pro grip the x and y axis dont work until the grip is placed back on. I have followed the instructions for flashing the firmware each time I change grips. Any thoughts?

Drano

Postby Drano » Tue Apr 20, 2021 16:09

Something you said in your post on the 5th about the axii cutting out on their after about 15 minutes would make me want to look at windows power settings. Unplugging the black box and plugging it back in would reset the power to that usb device so that might explain what's happening.

Go to the device manager. Expand all the USB devices and controllers. Go to the power management tab on each one--should be a lot of them. Not every one will have this. But on the ones that do there will be a check box to let windows turn power off on that device. Uncheck all of those boxes. As a gamer you don't want windows to randomly disable the many peripherals you're trying to use.

In windows power plan, uncheck USB selective suspend. If you use more than one power plan make sure this is disabled in all of them.

Watch out for your friends at Microsoft deciding for you to recheck all these boxes with a windows update. Because you're all about saving energy in a gaming session! Gotta love those guys!

Also I didn't see a reply to Fallout9 about different software you might be using. Definitely check on those. Try killing one at a time and see if that makes the problem stop.
Gunfighter MkI w/MkIII update + MCG-Pro Grip
Avia S Cams
2x #30A Springs
FW:v2.13F
Devconfig: v92.78
Zbootloader: v2.01

Asus Strix X570-E Gaming
Ryzen9 5800X3D
Asus Strix 3080 12GB
32GB Corsair Vengeance PC3600
EVGA G6 1000W
Reverb G2V2