Gladiator NXT replacement grease

Moderator: AdminGroup

haxordotcom

Gladiator NXT replacement grease

Postby haxordotcom » Wed Mar 10, 2021 0:12

Is it possible to get some replacement grease for the NXT?

I replaced with Nyogel 767a but now it's a bit too loose/uneven. I followed the youtube guide to replace the grease, but I guess I shouldn't have removed the stock grease from the spring clip ends.

I opened a support ticket and they told me to ask in the forums.

Edit: to clarify I'm looking for something in between default grease and 767a damping, so if there are any commercially available alternatives if VKB cannot provide replacement default grease, I am open to suggestions.

fallout9

Re: Gladiator NXT replacement grease

Postby fallout9 » Wed Mar 10, 2021 0:19

Nye 767A is a great quality grease, made by the same manufacturer as the one used for the Gladiators. If your device doesn't work properly after regreasing then maybe you missed something during the process. I suggest taking it apart and assembling it back following the regreasing guide.
Unfortunately the grease used when assembling the Gladiators can't be commercialized or send to customers as an individual product.

haxordotcom

Postby haxordotcom » Wed Mar 10, 2021 0:42

The stick is functioning just fine, just a little more damped in the Y axis than the X axis, as I took off the default grease on the part where the spring clips onto

I left the default grease on for the Y axis spring clips and like the combination with 767a on that axis (no, greases are not mixed together)

Is it possible to purchase just that part in red pre-greased?

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Wed Mar 10, 2021 20:39

Really sorry, but it won't work, reasons ranging from manufacturer's strict rules about commercializing the grease, through Chinese customs' strict rules, to couriers' restrictions on carrying this type of item.
But the matter has been discussed on the Hotas Discord and users have reported that PG-44A from Nye gives the closest results to factory default grease.

haxordotcom

Postby haxordotcom » Thu Mar 11, 2021 0:44

No worries! Thanks for the reply. Was actually doing some research to see if pg-44a would be safe for the plastic, but if others are using it with no issue, then pg-44a it is!

skarekrow

Postby skarekrow » Thu Mar 11, 2021 2:55

Hey haxordotcom,

I have been doing the same in regards to trying to find an adequate replacement for the OEM grease ( must be like Kentucky Fried Chicken secret recipe ) :D
I have tried like you the Nyogel 767-A and found it not to have the same heavy dampening effect as the original I then tried the Nyogel PG-44LS and it is a bit better but not enough
dampening for my needs. I ordered a small ( 5 G ) of PG-44A and have not regreased yet but hopefully will soon. As you have said the stick works great I just would like to maintain the
heavy dampening as how it was originally.
Here is where I ordered it from in case you would like to try a smaller amount
https://www.oveready.com/flashlight/nyogel-pg-44a-super-damping-grease-5g-tube/

Best of luck !!!

skarekrow

Postby skarekrow » Thu Mar 11, 2021 5:38

After posting the previous comment I decided to regrease the NXT with the Nyogel PG-44A.
It works great !!!
The stick now has the heavy dampening I like, so all is well !!!
If you want the heavy dampening effect as with the OEM grease, I recommnend this PG-44A ( good stuff !!! )
It is rather expensive but you can get it in 5 gram size. It does come in a small tube ( at least from the company I posted above ), but in a way
it makes it a little easier to spread without wasting any, it is just hard to squeeze out of the tube but when you cut the tip of the tube just cut it
down a little bit further to allow a little larger hole to pass through.
Hope this helps a few folks out there !!!

haxordotcom

Postby haxordotcom » Thu Mar 11, 2021 6:36

Awesome! glad to hear it, I ordered a tube as well!

Krol

Postby Krol » Wed Mar 31, 2021 14:36

I have translucent silicone grease, kind of thick gel. Can i use it to replace the sticky one from factory ?

skarekrow

Postby skarekrow » Wed Mar 31, 2021 18:25

Hey Krol,
I am sure it is ok to replace the existing grease with the silicone grease you have available. The question is, " will it give the same dampening effect as the original heavy dampening
grease used by VKB " ? If you are wanting to achieve the same heavy dampening effect, I recommend using the PG- 44A grease as listed above.

--Cheers--

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 19:04

Krol wrote:I have translucent silicone grease, kind of thick gel. Can i use it to replace the sticky one from factory ?

Not everything that says 'grease' would work good on the joystick. I've never ever heard someone to complain about any Nye products though. So, if you want to experiment, you should have some Nyogel at hand in case the grease you're trying is not a fit; at least this is what I'd do :)

Return to “Technical Support”