Gladiator Pro: how to fix buttons at the base

Moderator: AdminGroup

blazing

Gladiator Pro: how to fix buttons at the base

Postby blazing » Sun Mar 07, 2021 19:56

Hi,

I have a Gladiator Pro. Two of the buttons on the base are not working correctly.

Button A1: only registers a press when I press hard in a specific corner. If I press lightly or in the wrong corner, the press will not register.

Button A3: The switch itself works, but I think the switch case or cap is stuck. So it hardly goes up and down anymore.

I would like to open the joystick base and see if I can replace switch A1 and re-seat button A3. Can anyone tell me whether this is easy to do and where I could get a spare switch/button cap?

fallout9

Re: Gladiator Pro: how to fix buttons at the base

Postby fallout9 » Mon Mar 08, 2021 2:08

It is easy, just a few screws away from getting access. First, take out the base plate. When the internals are exposed disconnect the 2 plugs marked in blue. Then unscrew the 2 screws marked in red and remove the grey plastic holders. Finally, take the back controls part out and unscrew the 4 screws marked in yellow. Remove the PCB from the buttons, take out the silicone protector and see what's in there, hopefully it needs only some cleaning.

IMG_2641.jpg

IMG_2645.jpg

blazing

Postby blazing » Sat Mar 20, 2021 2:54

Dear fallout 9,

Thanks for your help! Your post made me comfortable enough to open the joystick up. I was able to get the little PCB with the switches out and inspect it.

Button A1 works again, unfortunately button A3 still is borked. Is it possible to order a spare part? Either the microswitch for A3 or the entire PCB?

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Sat Mar 20, 2021 3:07

Sorry to hear the button is broken. Please write to sales@vkb-sim.pro, hopefully they still have one of those boards in a warehouse, somewhere.

Return to “Technical Support”