Access Violation in VKB software with many USB devices plugged in

Moderator: AdminGroup

rcflyinghokie

Access Violation in VKB software with many USB devices plugged in

Postby rcflyinghokie » Thu Feb 04, 2021 17:32

As the title states, I have been getting an access violation in the VKB cfg software (v0.91.78) ever since I added an additional USB HID to my setup. This error also happens with the joy and button testing software. I have attached the error and its text is as follows:

Access violation at address 00783CE2 in module 'VKBDEVDgf-C.exe'. Write of address 01282315

If I unplug any USB device, the error no longer appears and everything works as advertised. I have 15 USB devices currently in use.

Steps taken:

Running as administrator
Windows Compatibility Mode
Disabling 3rd party software running at the same time
Trying older versions of the software

The only thing that actually worked was unplugging a USB device, it did not matter which one, any device unplugged allowed the software to work, and upon plugging back in, the access violation resumed.

Additionally, this issue was reproduced by another user, telling me its related to the software and not my particular system. Any help would be appreciated.
Attachments
unknown.png
unknown.png (8.59 KiB) Viewed 4519 times

Tuesday John

Re: Access Violation in VKB software with many USB devices plugged in

Postby Tuesday John » Thu Feb 04, 2021 20:19

I was able to reproduce this error by having 11 or more devices listed as HID-compatible game controller in the Device Manager. The access violation error also occurred with VKB JoyTester and ButtonTester.

Once I had 10 or less items listed as HID-compatible game controller, the error no longer occurred with VKBDevCfg.

rcflyinghokie

Postby rcflyinghokie » Thu Feb 04, 2021 20:23

Can confirm, it was my 11th game controller device that caused this error, when I remove any of them (leaving 10 game controllers) the error no longer appears.

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Sat Feb 06, 2021 1:09

Problem solved by the developer with latest patch 0.91.80 by increasing the limit of devices attached to the system.

pavsko

Postby pavsko » Fri Oct 08, 2021 0:14

I have an Access violation error with the Button tester (I have plugged many devices)
If I unplug one device, it starts to work.
P.S. I have just downloaded the latest VKB_BtnTester.exe from this page: https://vkbcontrollers.com/?page_id=4609 but the utility does not have version number.

Do I miss something or the Button tester is not repaired yet?

t00thPIK

Postby t00thPIK » Sun May 21, 2023 11:43

Sorry to necro an old thread, but this is relevant again. I didn't have this issue until I recently got a DAC for my headphones which adds two more USB devices to the mix. One to power the device and one to transfer the audio.

I can send audio to the DAC using a coax input (which I'd actually prefer), but I am having trouble finding the right coax audio cable. I could run external power to it using an adaptor as well, but I don't have one of those handy at the moment either.

Is there a problem with upping the connected USB device limit to 20 or so?

Cheers

Spook1234567890

Postby Spook1234567890 » Mon Jul 31, 2023 21:23

I get the access violation in the T-Link software. Removing a USB device fixes it.

djwave28

Postby djwave28 » Wed Sep 06, 2023 17:20

I had this error message when flashing my device. An error occurs with the windows USB assignment. Just reboot the computer after flashing.

Return to “Technical Support”