MCF Pro and Ult Z-axis play/lock

Moderator: AdminGroup

shadak

MCF Pro and Ult Z-axis play/lock

Postby shadak » Sat Jan 23, 2021 6:39

Dear VKB,

Unfortunatley I found out both my MCG Pro and now even the new ultimate developed a bit of play in the twist z-axis.
Even when locked really tight, when put on the GF base, the Z-axis is registered even during normal movement, and this is very small movement, nothing strong. Its not much but its there and config tools etc. show it, I can also feel it a bit in my hand.

Before I open the ticket for this, does anyone know please if its possible to "lock" the twist more than with the small screw? Or even better, completely remove it? Sadly the only Ultimate I could order was with the twist.

Thanks

fallout9

Re: MCF Pro and Ult Z-axis play/lock

Postby fallout9 » Sat Jan 23, 2021 7:48

Could you show a picture with the twist locked?
If you think the twist axis is moving you could disable it through software. Or you could flash the firmware with no-twist for MCG Pro - this is going to disable the twist axis by default. In a few more days the same firmware (no-twist) will be available for MCGU too (in testing still).

shadak

Postby shadak » Sat Jan 23, 2021 10:32

thank you for the quick reply.
yes this morning i realized i can disable or not use the axis in the simulation, but its still not great.

I'll take a picture today but its really tight in both grips, i cant really move it with my hand when the grip is off, but attached i can feel a very small movement when I twist. Its not huge but personally it bothers me a bit, mainly the knoedge that its there.

is there maybe a way I could purchase the separate shaft without twist that I could use instead please? Im willing to buy it myself at least for the peace of mind.

thank you

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Sat Jan 23, 2021 10:56

Please write to sales@vkb-sim.pro and request a quote for a fixed Ultimate connector.

shadak

Postby shadak » Sat Jan 23, 2021 14:07

fallout9 wrote:Please write to sales@vkb-sim.pro and request a quote for a fixed Ultimate connector.

awesome will do thanks again

Return to “Technical Support”