Slow responde time on NXT Standard

Moderator: AdminGroup

BuDu

Slow responde time on NXT Standard

Postby BuDu » Sat Jan 23, 2021 2:50

Hi all,

New in the forum and new on my VKB Josytick Gladiator NXt Standard. Found the joystick amazing in all aspects except -in my case- the responses time on the all AXIS are slow and I will prefer a fast one. I move the joystick and the plane response in not inmediately . Is there an option I can follow in order to generate more fast response on the AXIS ?
Usually I fly on ACES HIGH and even setting the joystick response in the game to a minimum Dumping I can't get the speed I will like.
Thanks in advance...

fallout9

Re: Slow responde time on NXT Standard

Postby fallout9 » Sat Jan 23, 2021 3:18

Have you calibrated the joystick? Is there only solid blue light on the base or blue light plus slow flashing red light?

BuDu

Postby BuDu » Sun Jan 24, 2021 22:18

Thanks for the answer,
I did calibrate the joystick as especifications and also did inside Aces High and still have a slow response,.
I can move joystick properly but the action after move the stick take like 1 - 2 seconds to full action respond. Example: doing a split S take long to get the invert...
This is the first time I use this joystick and will like to know is this is the normal behaviour of this device?
Thanks

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Sun Jan 24, 2021 22:36

No, a few seconds lag definitely is not normal behavior. I would suggest to check again its calibration:
- download VKBDevCfgand run it as Admin;
- navigate to Tools tab and press the big square Default button;
- navigate to Test tab, then Axes1 tab and press the big square Start Calibr button;
- move your joystick along pitch and roll axes a few times, on their whole range, twist the joystick left and right, push up and down the ministick;
- you should be seeing the slider moving along each axis' representation on the screen while doing this;
- at the end press the End Calibr. button to finish calibration;
- now test the joystick in the same window: when moving it do you see any delay? If there's no delay between your joystick and the slider on the screen then your joystick is fine. Start the game - if the delay is still there then you should look into game's settings as the delay is coming from there.

Good luck!

BuDu

Postby BuDu » Mon Jan 25, 2021 4:28

Thanks for the instructions,
I download the file but can't find any .exe that I can run as admin , is like a zip file with multiples .vkb files :
VKB.JPG
VKB.JPG (13.77 KiB) Viewed 1946 times

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Mon Jan 25, 2021 4:35

Sorry, I've attached a wrong file, this one is what you need.

BuDu

Postby BuDu » Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:42

fallout9,
Thanks for the help, highly appreciated.
Following your calibration step on calibration software you send me shows no issue or delate in respond on my joystick. Must be relate to Aces High calibration, I already set it there to the minimal Dumping and still not as fast as I wish, guess need to adapt and overcome :-) .

Return to “Technical Support”