Moderator: AdminGroup

Bill

T-Rudder MkIV Toe Brakes Using SCG

Postby Bill » Wed Jan 20, 2021 0:05

Gunfighter MKIII
Space Combat Pro Grip
T-Rudder MK-IV
Single Black Box (Orange)

In need of Toe Brake programming assistance using the SCG.

I currently use the mini stick X Axis (Rotary X) as my brake lever for Proportional brakes (Spitfire etc.). This has worked well for over a year, however with the introduction of new games and aircraft I now seriously need Differential Brakes (Toe Brakes).

I would like to continue to use the mini stick as my brake lever whether it be for Proportional brakes or Differential brakes. And I'd like toe brakes to be available when a rudder pedal is push and when the brake lever is pushed, either with the push of a button, or simply just there all the time if possible. I have struggled with setting this up and basically have given up and am asking for help.
In Toe Brake mode I envision the mini Stick as still usable for straight ahead braking but as soon as I touch a rudder pedal the following happens:

As soon as I start to move the Rudder Left I want the Left brake to be controlled by the brake lever (Rotary X), right toe brake does not engage. Hopefully both toe brakes rotation would follow that axis repose curve or the same response curve as Rot X.
As soon as I start to move the Rudder Right I want the Right Toe Brake to be controlled by the brake lever (Rotary X), left toe brake does not engage.

I found a thread in this forum dated April 2019 that seems to address the configuration I want shown above, the writer was using a Gunfighter base and a MCG grip and claims success, however I cannot make it work for me maybe it will be helpful to you?
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=3570&p=44045&hilit=Mk+1v+toe+brakes#p44045

Following are my screen shots including one of the Test Page which shows the present operation of the 3 brake axis's. Rot X main brake lever, Slider1 Right toe brake, and Slider2 Left toe brake.

Global External.jpg

Profile Axes.jpg

Example of Brakes.jpg

Bill

Re: T-Rudder MkIV Toe Brakes Using SCG

Postby Bill » Wed Jan 20, 2021 0:07

A couple more screen shots. Let me know if I missed something that could help.

Profile Buttons.jpg

Profile POV.jpg

Tuesday John

Postby Tuesday John » Wed Jan 20, 2021 0:57

Assuming I understood what you are trying to do, try this -
scg diff brake.PNG

Axis 7 is pedals, and rot x is mini-stick.

Bill

Postby Bill » Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:34

Thanks John but that did not work for me.

Yes I am using Axis 7 for the T-Rudders, and Axis 3 for the brake control.
Axis 6, Slider & Axis 8, Dial are the two Virtual axis for the Toe Brakes

What I see with your program is the 2 Toe Brake Axis moving in unison with Axis 3 (brake Lever) Until a rudder pedal is pushed. At that time the opposite toe brake begins to return to zero while the selected toe brake continues to be controlled by the rudder moment. The opposite toe brake finally reaching zero when the opposite rudder hits 100% travel. I actually used this setup in game yesterday and it worked, although the opposite wheel/brake did have resistance when the rudder was at less than 100%. This is not the best situation for controlling an airplane on the ground and it made it hard to bind the correct axis to the correct control.

Again thanks, maybe your suggestion is where this will end.

Return to “Technical Support”