Gladiator MK.II Top/Pickle Button Stuck (#4069) [RESOLVED]

Moderator: AdminGroup

BradleyR

Gladiator MK.II Top/Pickle Button Stuck (#4069) [RESOLVED]

Postby BradleyR » Tue Jan 19, 2021 21:17

Hi all,

I've included my ticket (#4069) text here for context:

I've been a proud owner of a Gladiator Mk.II for nearly 2 years now, and it has been (by far) the best stick I have ever owned. However, I jumped in my DCS F-16 earlier today and was confused at first why my radio wasn't working. Some quick investigation found that the top/pickle button has suddenly become somewhat stuck. I can move the button from side to side slightly, and this allows me to press it, but it returns to it's stuck state soon after.

This only occurred today, and up to today I've had no issues whatsoever. What is the best course of action for me to take? Should I disassemble the stick to investigate further, or should it be serviced by someone with more skilled hands? I'm fairly confident with electronics, but I wouldn't want to risk damaging the stick at all, or at least any further than it already may be.

I wanted to ask if anyone else had experience such a problem with MK.II - a ceased secondary button - as I can't find evidence of it online. Will update if/when ticket receives an update, but thought the extra visibility here might help.

[Apologies if this is the incorrect thread to post under, but from what I understand the tech support thread does not concern hardware.]
Last edited by BradleyR on Tue Jan 19, 2021 22:05, edited 1 time in total.

fallout9

Re: Gladiator MK.II Top/Pickle Button Stuck (#4069)

Postby fallout9 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 21:46

Hi! Please check this older thread about the same issue; video posted at the end would give you an idea on how to open up the grip.

BradleyR

Re: Gladiator MK.II Top/Pickle Button Stuck (#4069)

Postby BradleyR » Tue Jan 19, 2021 22:04

fallout9 wrote:Hi! Please check this older thread about the same issue; video posted at the end would give you an idea on how to open up the grip.

Thanks fallout9, the solution proved simpler than I thought! Simply loosening the stick casing and re-tightening it did the trick; the button is back in perfect working order.

Thanks again!

Return to “Technical Support”