Gladiator NXT - Using SHIFT / Mode Shift with POV Ministick in Hat Mode

Moderator: AdminGroup

stylo

Gladiator NXT - Using SHIFT / Mode Shift with POV Ministick in Hat Mode

Postby stylo » Sun Jan 17, 2021 0:43

Hello! Thank you to the mods and others for your helpful advice. I am impressed with the customization of the Gladiator NXT. I have a question about SHIFT mode with the POV ministick.

My central F1 button on the base of the stick is my SHIFT1 button (I set up mode shift using the video tutorial). I have set up SHIFT1 functions for various buttons. I want to also set up SHIFT1 functions for the 8-way POV ministick.

Specifically, in IL-2 Sturmovik I have rudder trim mapped to the left/right on the POV (90-270, using 8-way-hat configuration). I want aileron trim to be SHIFT1 + 90/270.
(I prefer to set the trim function in game and not via the "virtual axis trimmer". I also prefer to use the ministick itself, not replace with a physical HAT.)

How can I go about this? There is no "Shift" option under the Logical Buttons for the POV. I saw I can add a 2nd POV, but don't know how to make the 2nd POV activate only when SHIFT is held.

Gladiator NXT Right Premium v2.010
VKBDevCfg v0.91.54
NJoy32 firmware v2.00.7
Attachments
enfix2.png
pov2.png
pov1.png
Last edited by stylo on Sun Jan 17, 2021 0:59, edited 4 times in total.

stylo

Re: Gladiator NXT - Using SHIFT / Mode Shift with POV Ministick in Hat Mode

Postby stylo » Sun Jan 17, 2021 0:46

(On another topic, there is no LED lighting up when I click the ministick, to indicate whether it is in "Hat" or "Axes" mode. SHIFT1 does make the central LED turn Red. Not a major issue but would be nice to fix.) Attached screenshot of the LED screen, in case someone is able to diagnose why ministick switching between hat/axis no longer lights up the LED.
Attachments
LED.png

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Sun Jan 17, 2021 2:12

stylo wrote:Specifically, in IL-2 Sturmovik I have rudder trim mapped to the left/right on the POV (90-270, using 8-way-hat configuration). I want aileron trim to be SHIFT1 + 90/270.

Set up the POV1 output as Buttons L (in my example buttons 41 to 48 have been assigned). Assign the buttons at 90 and 270 to Shift.
Capture.JPG

stylo wrote:(On another topic, there is no LED lighting up when I click the ministick,

Try the POV Active function.

stylo

Postby stylo » Sun Jan 17, 2021 3:26

Thanks for the reply. I'm a bit stuck - I assigned output as Buttons L (55-62) and Set. Now in the Test screen, the appropriate buttons are lighting up when I move the stick. However, even with "Poll" selected, they are not lighting up in Buttons > Physical Layer.
I don't know how to assign the buttons. Can I assign them to shift in the Buttons > Physical Layer? How do I do it?

I'm not sure where or how to find this. Appreciate some screenshots. :)

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Sun Jan 17, 2021 3:49

First of all, the output for POV is ButtonsV and not ButtonsL, sorry about that.
Then check in Tester the number of the buttons you want to assign Shift to (I think your buttons would be 57 and 61). Back to Profile/Buttons/Physical Layer - hover mouse over the cells until you'll find the cells representing physical buttons 57 and 61; click on each and check the Shift1 box, assigning the Shift1 to a new unused button number. Careful how deep you go as I think Il-2 would recognize only the first 64 buttons of a single joystick, so if you bind over 64 the control won't be recognized in game.
For LEDs, if you want the small red LED to switch on/off when swapping between axes and buttons mode do this:
Attachments
Capture.JPG

stylo

Postby stylo » Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:02

Thanks! Setting to "ButtonsV" and following your instructions worked. POV and SHIFT+POV both seem to be working. I set POV to 47-54 and SHIFT+POV to 55-62.

For the LEDs, my problem is that the "EVENT" box is grayed out, so I cannot change that option to POV Active or anything else. It's not a huge deal but if you know why that is, let me know.

Thanks again!

Return to “Technical Support”