gladiator L throttle axis absolute zero reset

Moderator: AdminGroup

patton610

gladiator L throttle axis absolute zero reset

Postby patton610 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:02

This is probably very basic but I've not messed with a joystick of this level of customization. my last one was sidewinder II in like 1998. my throttle or Z axis always is centered and has a zero value when at the mid point of its travel. this allows me only half of the full travel to actually advance throttles in sims. I would like to rezero the throttle so that it treats the lowest physical setting as the lowest input setting. Ive messed around with the Cn check box and i have tried to tune the axis in DCS where I am attempting to iron out my bindings. Changing the input to slider in the configuration program does not change anything that I can tell, and that is the only sort of other input that makes sense for this sort of control type.

this is completely an aside, but on the older gladiators there was a mode switch that apparently created a second library of inputs when it was activated. is this function served by the pov hat joystick when the red led is illuminated? In another post it was mentioned that this effected whether it was read as button inputs or a joystick, but I thought it might also serve this function since there is not a separate mode button anymore.

fallout9

Re: gladiator L throttle axis absolute zero reset

Postby fallout9 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:31

There's no Mode button on the Gladiator NXT, like it was on the Gladiator MKII. But you could make any button on the NXT a Mode button by assigning it to Shift, like here.
About the mini-throttle, if you want to reverse it check the R option (Physical data inversion) for axis 4 (mini-throttle) and hit Set to save.
Attachments
Capture.JPG

Victorus

Postby Victorus » Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:43

Try to uncheck CN and recalibrate throttle axis.
Руководство пользователя по контроллерам VKB (VKB controllers User Guide) Ru&En
https://disk.yandex.ru/d/LlqiYtIrIetBOQ

patton610

Postby patton610 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:04

Unchecking the Cn box seems to have moved the zero setting to the physical max limit of the throttle. I tried checking the R box to reverse this but it does not seem to have any effect.

Victorus

Postby Victorus » Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:20

Try another R or In(version). Or invert axis in game.
When I check my settings in DCS, I often do it on-the-fly)) When you set up axes in Great Battles, it depends of rotation direction. So axis in vkbdevcfg works as you want, but in game is reversed. Pause game, go to settings and revert axis))) It works.
Руководство пользователя по контроллерам VKB (VKB controllers User Guide) Ru&En
https://disk.yandex.ru/d/LlqiYtIrIetBOQ

Return to “Technical Support”