Where to find MCG Ultimate Firmware

Moderator: AdminGroup

UIV
Мастер

Re: Where to find MCG Ultimate Firmware

Postby UIV » Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:29

Roma wrote:I got the new firmware updated and stick is working fine, but the T-rudders I have connected do not have an axis assigned to them. The stick already has 8 Axis's and seems there is no room for the 9 axis for the T-rudders. I guess I will put my rudders on the left stick black box.

Or don't use the twist. Twist axis connect to the pedals axis.

Roma

Postby Roma » Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:34

I was planning on locking the twist but how do you get the DevCfg to use the T-rudder instead of the twist.

UIV
Мастер

Postby UIV » Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:33

1) Load _BlackBox_MK2_GF_MCG_Ultimate_v2_02_0.vkb
2) Connect T-rudder
3) Reset do default
4) Calibrate by VkbDevCfg-C

rtrski

Any potential issue of uncalibrated analogs not installed?

Postby rtrski » Mon Jan 11, 2021 19:05

If we start at default, but have swapped out one of the modular analog sticks for a hat instead, we don't have those axes present to calibrate anymore.

Any possible consequences? (I mean I can see the post-calibration values kdhi and kdlow or whatever are 255's which is expected, just curious if there's any possible consequence elsewhere, since "calibrate!" is often the #1 advice with random issue reports.) I guess the same issue might be possible with Z-twist locked via screw: you can't calibrate it even if it's still connected and you are using the with-twist firmware.

In several hours of play yesterday I only saw one or two brief in-game glitches, got a report that the flip-up trigger "button" registered as activated VERY briefly when it had not been (it is so much firmer to click up I'm absolutely certain I did not accidentally do it). [Only know it even happened because that's mapped to 'cargo scoop' in Elite so the game stuttered "deployed - retracted" really quickly in messages.]

It was while there was a lot of other stuff going on in combat: both main axes in use, firing with main trigger, perhaps also engaging the replaced MASTER MODE hat, not 100% sure. Stick is plugged into a (well powered) hub with a Kosmosima Premium LH which was also being heavily manipulated at the same time. This computer's getting aged (X99 motherboard with some USB problems, e.g. some ports just not working etc) so I do NOT rule out that the problem is 100% outside the stick. I'm not making any assumptions, just fishing for possibilities.

My Ultimate is on one of the older Mk I black boxes (received Dec 2017) if there were minor revisions along their production runs, too.

I have admittedly mucked about with VKBDevCfg, assigning a couple extra tempo buttons to POV-1 angles and such to get some more presses without being above logical #32, and may have created other problems myself. When I calibrated I actuated X, Y, Z-twist, brake, the GATE ministick's 2 axes, and the flip-up trigger starting by flipping it up, then flipping down, completing a full depress, release to neutral.

EXTRAORDINARILY pleased with how the Ultimate feels, sounds, and flies, so this is at most a tiny issue report in case it helps identify any further minor firmware needs, not at all a complaint. You knocked this one out of the park.
RH VKB GF Mk III + Modern Combat Grip *ULTIMATE* (12/17 GFII , upgraded), _powered_ deploy!
LH VKB GF Mk III + Kosmosima Prem (02/19 GFII, upgraded), *lateral* mounted
Feet: Slaw Viper RX Pedals [Sorry, VKB, too gorgeous]

UIV
Мастер

Postby UIV » Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:17

After installation the grip must be calibrated.
If the twist is blocked - use the firmware without twist

rtrski

Postby rtrski » Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:39

And modular analog axes not currently installed, any potential non-calibration concern?
RH VKB GF Mk III + Modern Combat Grip *ULTIMATE* (12/17 GFII , upgraded), _powered_ deploy!
LH VKB GF Mk III + Kosmosima Prem (02/19 GFII, upgraded), *lateral* mounted
Feet: Slaw Viper RX Pedals [Sorry, VKB, too gorgeous]

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:06

If you got through a proper calibration before replacing the ministicks with hat switches and you haven't reset to default then it should be fine.

Roma

Postby Roma » Fri Mar 05, 2021 13:29

UIV wrote:1) Load _BlackBox_MK2_GF_MCG_Ultimate_v2_02_0.vkb
2) Connect T-rudder
3) Reset do default
4) Calibrate by VkbDevCfg-C

is there no way to get the twist and rudder axis at the same time. I replaced the bottom left analog stick for the button type, so that freed up 2 axis's. Can those be used to have rudder and twist at the same time.

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Sat Mar 06, 2021 6:12

Find out which axes are inactive in tester. I'll use in this example the Slider1 as an inactive axis (which is axis nr. 6). The twist axis, which is axis nr. 7, is Z. In Logical Axes panel swap Z and Slider1 axes in HID Usage column, so Z axis becomes axis nr. 7 and Slider1 becomes axis nr. 6. Set up both deadzones at 3 (DzLo).
Then, in Physical Axes panel, set up the Input for axis 6 (twist) as V_MaRS and the Input for axis 7 (rudders) as D_MaRS.
Click the Set button and recalibrate.
Attachments
Capture.JPG

Return to “Technical Support”