Gladiator NXT and connecting a hall sensor

Moderator: AdminGroup

Gizmo

Gladiator NXT and connecting a hall sensor

Postby Gizmo » Wed Dec 30, 2020 16:49

Hey Guys

Recently took delivery of the NXT Right Premium and what can I say other than WOW!!!! Being as I had already purchased your pedals I expected nothing less but this has surpassed my expectation in smoothness and accuracy.

Seeing as the new NXT is modular, I was wondering if you can connect your own self built Collective mod to the PCB. I only fly helos so a throttle quadrant is not something I would use or ever look to purchase and seeing as you dont do collectives I need a solution to connect this to your PCB. Having looked at the internals there are various input available, obviously for when you release the other modules.

However my question is this. My own collective utilises a hall sensor which has a max 5V input and ground which then outputs a voltage according to the position. I have this currently replacing a throttle potentiometer on my old old old joystick a Siatek Cyborg 3D. Now seeing as this is purely a sensor I was wondering which input I can use to plug into to allow me to use the internals of the NXT.

I note that there is an EXT2 with a 3.3v output and ground and I am guessing the other is the return which seems perfect so is this my solution and if so what is the male connection type I must use.

Obviously by doing this I void any warranty and such and I am fully aware of this and do so at my own risk.

Hope you can help.

Gizmo

Re: Gladiator NXT and connecting a hall sensor

Postby Gizmo » Tue Jan 05, 2021 14:11

Please can someone either answer this or tell me they are not going to answer this question for reasons known only to themselves.......

UIV
Мастер

Postby UIV » Thu Jan 07, 2021 3:24

Ext2 is a digital bus. Sorry, you can't connect analog sensors to Ext2.
You can connect hall sensor instead of a throttle wheel, but you need reduce a signal from sensor to 3.3 volts. You can get +5V for hall sensor power supply from SLED connector.

Gizmo

Postby Gizmo » Tue Jan 12, 2021 15:37

So looking at that connector is a 4 pin.....1 x gnd, 1 x 5v and 1 x 3.3V and finally one called SPI......using the hall sensor which is a 3 pin configuration which ones get connected to which. The hall sensor has input V, GND (got that one figured out :D) and Output V......

Also what is the connector.....type and size please.

Return to “Technical Support”