X Axis Drift

Moderator: AdminGroup

Starfish

X Axis Drift

Postby Starfish » Mon Dec 14, 2020 0:41

Hi Everyone,

I raised this issue with VKB about a month ago now and have still not heard back from them. I was wondering if anyone on here might be able to help as I have not been able to play DCS since then. My Gunfighter Modern Combat Grip's X axis is drifting and stuttering as if the X axis was rapidly being moved. Specifically this occurs to the right as seen on the VKB Device Configuration Program. It jumps and has blindspots when moving the stick in a right hand direction, but works flawlessly on all other axes.

I have tried recalibrating the stick, unplugging and plugging it in again and used the bootloader tool to flash the black box and reset it with no improvement. I can not think of anything further to do to the stick in order to fix this very irritating issue that makes using the stick impossible. I was hoping if you could provide me with some assistance in the matter.

Many Thanks!

fallout9

Re: X Axis Drift

Postby fallout9 » Mon Dec 14, 2020 0:50

Please do these 2 things before continuing: take the grip off, inspect the 3 pins on the bottom of the grip and clean up the 3 contact pads on the top of the base stem with a bit of alcohol. Second, open up the base, disconnect all the white JST type connectors and plug them back firmly.

Drathanos

Postby Drathanos » Mon Dec 14, 2020 10:26

Wow, that's quite a coincidence. I plugged in and powered my sticks for the first time in many months some hours ago and had this very same issue with all the same symptoms as described for the Gunfighter + MCG Pro on my right. The SCG Premium on my left was still working exactly as I had left it before. Nothing had been done with them other than turning off the power to the usb hub and disconnecting the usb cable to the blackbox.

I tried the steps described with cleaning the contact points on the base and pins and reseating the connectors and then recalibrated with VKBDevCfg-C. That seems to have worked for me. The stick light on the blackbox is still red and blinking rapidly though, but the blue SYS light is solid. I'm not sure why it's doing that.

Edit: I just updated the firmware to the latest v2_00_7 and the red blinking has gone away and the Stick light is now a solid green.

Edit #2: The red blinking Stick light is back again. The stick seems to work though, so whatever I guess...

Ron61

Postby Ron61 » Mon Dec 14, 2020 13:55

Check out this post. It helped me 100%.

Return to “Technical Support”