Gunfighter shutting off during use

Moderator: AdminGroup

TK421

Gunfighter shutting off during use

Postby TK421 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:19

Recently while using my Gunfighter it broke a spring (is that normal?) I disassembled the stick and replaced the spring, but following this the stick will flash the blue light on the stick to white randomly (doesn't seem to be a problem) and sometime the light on the stick will turn off completely and the blackbox will flash red as if the stick is disconnected, when it does this the stick does not work. Any advice as to what could be wrong?

1 - Gunfighter mk3 with 200mm extension
2 - Firmware version: _BlackBox_MK2_GF_SCG_v2_00_7
reflashed to latest to see if anything would change, it did not.
3 - Number and type of springs used: I was using 50 pound springs on both axis, I changed it to 50+10 on both once one broke.
4 - Тype of cams used: Space cams with soft center
5 - If VKB original software is used, please always mention its version: VKBDevCfg-C_v0.91.54
6 - Vkbjoytester screenshots. Can provide whatever page would help of either of these
7 - Vkbdevcfg-c screenshots.

Here is a video of the issue I'm describing:
https://imgur.com/a/xBiMupZ

I can post screenshots but I'm not sure what of. Thanks.

Ron61

Re: Gunfighter shutting off during use

Postby Ron61 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 16:05

There are several options.
Contact disappears at the junction points of the base stock-extension or extension-grip.
Or the loop connector in the connector comes off inside.
Try installing the grip without an extension cord and test it.
Check inside the base if the cable is pulled at the extreme positions of the grip.

TK421

Postby TK421 » Wed Nov 25, 2020 2:44

I have cleaned and reseated the connections with the base and that doesn't seem to be the problem.

With more testing I'm almost positive there is some problem with the twist. Maybe the spring breaking and my disassembly is unrelated. The light on the grip flashes white with any movement on the twist, and it stops disconnecting from the black box if I lock the twist. When I move the twist at all the "ErrorLevel" in VKBDevCfg spikes almost immediately. Anyone know what I should look for as far as issues with the twist?

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Wed Nov 25, 2020 18:24

Hey TK, as I said on Reddit, let's wait for your ticket to follow its course so the engineers would determine if the issue comes from the wires inside the twist module or from the contact pins.

Return to “Technical Support”