How to Setup vKb Gladiator mk. II

Moderator: AdminGroup

Bakersfield_mike

How to Setup vKb Gladiator mk. II

Postby Bakersfield_mike » Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:41

Hello, I had bought a Gladiator mK 2 last november and had tried setting it up to no avail. The games I would like to use this for are IL-2: 1946, MSFS 2004, FSX, CoD, War Thunder and Rise of Flight. Any help in giving this a second try would be greatly appreciated. Its a beautiful stick and it has just been a paper weight for the past year. i have been spoiled in the past with the plug and play sticks. I need some kind of step by step if possible. Thanks in advance!

fallout9

Re: How to Setup vKb Gladiator mk. II

Postby fallout9 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:15

Setting up your joystick consists in calibrating it and binding the controls in your games. On which of these procedures do you have issues?

Bakersfield_mike

Postby Bakersfield_mike » Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:44

Unfortunately, I dont know anything regarding configuring. If you can give me any advice on what to download and how to calibrate. Do I reconfigure in the game or do the files separately? I really want to figure this out, I'm determined this time.

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:08

Alright then, let's get on it :)
First you have to flash to the latest firmware and calibrate. For doing this you could see this video as a general guide; it's for a different device, but everything is the same except of the name of the file you flash and the fact that your device has a mini-throttle that has to get included in the calibration.
1. Download the configurator and unzip it;
2. Download the Bootloader and unzip it;
3. Download the firmware package and unzip it;
4. From the firmware package get this file: _Gladiator_KG12_v2_00_7.vkb and move it in a dedicated VKB folder, together with the configurator (VKBDevCfg) and the bootloader (zBootloader);
5. Open VKBDevCfg as Admin, click on your device name in the device list, click on the Tools tab, then on the Bootloader button;
6. In the new window select the file called _Gladiator_KG12_v2_00_7.vkb and double click on it - your device is getting flashed;
7. When flashing procedure is done and the window has closed open again VKBDevCfg, click on your device name, click on the Tools tab, then click on the Default button;
8. After your device reboots click on the Test tab, then Axes Tab, then click on the Start Calibr button;
9. Move all your axes end to end so the slider on the screen goes all the way left and right: pitch, roll, twist the stick left and right, push the mini-throttle up and down;
10. When all the axes are calibrated press the End Calibr. button and you're good to go and bind your joystick in your games.

Bakersfield_mike

Postby Bakersfield_mike » Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:39

Hello Fallout9, Much appreciated for all the help. I think I figured it out. This sounds crazy but I'm assuming binding is just setting it up within the game. I just need to figure out which keys to program to the joystick. Thanks again with the detailed answer!

kniebolo

Postby kniebolo » Fri Nov 25, 2022 22:09

But is the newest joystick Raptor Mach2 (FR-TEC) FT7007 comparable to VKB Gladiator..?
Does someone show me where can I find the .blk settings file in the game folder?

Victorus

Postby Victorus » Fri Nov 25, 2022 22:37

Raptor is not a VKB device.
Руководство пользователя по контроллерам VKB (VKB controllers User Guide) Ru&En
https://disk.yandex.ru/d/LlqiYtIrIetBOQ

Return to “Technical Support”